I figured out Multiplayer Bug!!!

MEANGRAMMA

I figured out Multiplayer Bug!!!

Post by MEANGRAMMA »

Change your Multiplayer setting Allow only Friends to OFF..... Put Auto Accept on OFF... this way you can deny people you do not know. Once you have your players in your game.. set Max players to the number of friends you have in your game. This will then stop strangers from joining your game.
Even tho, I was able to accept friends to my game, me and another person, left my game, to see if this worked on another friends game. It did not. Then I got scared. My friend however, was able to rejoin my game again. I also accepted other players to my game that were not on my friends list.
I noticed before when I was unable to play Multiplayer, my game wasn't showing up on the Multiplayer Menu, now it does
Last edited by MEANGRAMMA on Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
OkieFarmer

Re: I figured out Multiplayer Bug!!!

Post by OkieFarmer »

This will get multiplayer working?
MEANGRAMMA

Post by MEANGRAMMA »

Yes!! It works for me, but, another friend it didn't work for...
Rokstr661

Post by Rokstr661 »

Hmmm I gotta try this when I get someone else on
OkieFarmer

Post by OkieFarmer »

Haven't got to try it but definitely want to.
SpaceShot

Post by SpaceShot »

I can confirm that this is the problem for me and my friends. Allow only friends is definitely the issue.

We tried several settings to confirm. Here is what we did: (TL; DR; Allow only friends needs to be off always)

1) Allow only friends - OFF. Password - ON. My friend started a game. The moment he started it, it immediately became visible in the list. I was able to join and use the password before he even loaded. Then I exited the game and he sent me an invite. That worked fine as well. So we tested finding his game in the lobby and a direct invite.

He quit the game. Started a new one with Allow only friends - ON (this wasn't necessary).

2) Allow only friends - ON. Password - ON. My friend started a game. The game would not appear in the list. When he loaded, he sent me an invite. This did not work (No connection could be established to the multiplayer game).

At this point, I said, "Hey, let's change the settings right within the game." So we did.

2a) Remain in the game. The host changes the game to Allow only friends - OFF. No restart required. Immediately the game appears in the list (as I am tapping Refresh while he does this). I can join no problem. I then exited. He sends me an invite, and it works fine.

2b) I exited the game. His game was in the lobby list. He change to Allow only friends - ON within the game. The game disappeared from the list and invite did not work.

So thanks to the fine work by MeanGramma, my friend and I are playing. My conclusion is that Allow only friends SHOULD allow invites to work. Generally, I would say that is the bug to fix. I can understand the game not showing up in the list, but then of course invites should work.

Let us know how this works for you. For now the issue is closed.

FYI, if you choose to use a password, the game saves the password between sessions to the same game. Haven't discovered yet what the definition of "same game" is. I think it might be the same game save, but not sure. It is certainly more than just the game name in the lobby, as my friend changed the name between the times we played where I was able to successfully join him.

All I can figure is the one time in the last week that it worked, we must have add Allow only friends off and turned it on thinking it would be more convenient than a password or having to approve all connection.
Last edited by SpaceShot on Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OkieFarmer

Post by OkieFarmer »

MEANGRAMMA you the girl. If you need help anytime let me know. xECHOx 5 xKILOx
MEANGRAMMA

Post by MEANGRAMMA »

Spaceshot..Thanks for mentioning the Password, that didn't even cross my mind to put one on! I guess I was too excited having the game work. So, Allow Friends, Off, then have a Password that you give your friends to join, then you won't have the hassle of denying people trying to join the game
Trickytripp

Post by Trickytripp »

Still not working on xbone :(
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

This issue now has been resolved. You can now join games with the "Allow only friends" again. Thank for your effort to investigate the issue, it helped a lot to find the cause for that and fix it.
SpaceShot

Post by SpaceShot »

Thanks for the post Stegei. You know what might have helped us was to hear from GIANTS something like "We don't see anything wrong with the servers right now." just so we weren't chasing a ghost. I mean, I have to hand it to MeanGramma for figuring it out because I was sitting around "waiting for servers to be fixed" rather than testing different things. I don't mind reporting issues and helping to solve them as a community, but we were really lost as to what to even try for a few days.

Again, my friends and I are now happily playing and enjoying FS 17, so appreciate that this is resolved no matter what.
KatRon1141

Post by KatRon1141 »

Hate to be the bearer of bad news Stegei but the issue is indeed not resolved .Me and this dude tried over 2 hours last night and never got to play multplayer.
Tried different settings tried restarting both PS4s tried wired and wireless and it never worked!!!!
Bsm1980

Post by Bsm1980 »

FYI... I've got the same problems in FS15!
SpaceShot

Post by SpaceShot »

Turns out, this was never fixed for Xbox One. With all the trouble I've had (in another thread) and no response from the developers, we decided to verify this was fixed. But it turns out that if you have Allow Only Friends on, you can't see or join a friend's game. I repeated the whole experiment as detailed in the post above. It sounded like our work helped Stegel, but I guess the fix was never sent out. Now I'm more convinced then ever that there's really nothing wrong with our setup and the game just isn't working right. Other Xbox Live games work just fine pretty much all the time. This is the game that just refuses to work some nights.
Guil

Post by Guil »

I haven't played a lot of multiplayer but the game doesn't change so if it works sometimes and doesn't at other times the only variables are yours and your friends internet connections.