The synchronization problem players

MedasDrson

The synchronization problem players

Post by MedasDrson »

Hello, does anyone have experience with bad synchronizováním between players while playing? Mostly chopping corn harvesters three in a row and all too slowly retrieves the cut grain texture and is seen as if riding in the uncut grain? If someone is doing it on a dedicated server, please write to me from whom you have a server so we could compare. Thanks :hi: http://www.rajce.net/f1131844085
Karlox

Re: The synchronization problem players

Post by Karlox »

Do you run your own server or is it rented? And what kind of CPU is it running? For rented you can see it from the log.txt. The lag in field textures/foliage layers are symptoms when server is running out of CPU. Number of players, and what they are doing will affect that. Also some mod scripts could make it worse. I run my own server with i7-2600K @ 4,4GHz, 300/100mbit connection and its good up to about 5 players, who are all doing field work at the same time. After that the lag will get quickly start getting worse and at around 7 or 8 players it will be almost unplayable if all are out doing field work with big equipment at the same time. Though if I monitor CPU usage over all cores, not single one is higher than 70% and total over all cores under 30%.. FS dedicated server is optimized for multi CPU and Hyperthreading platforms and you should be able to run multiple (thats how server renters do it) servers with one machine but really doubt that if you want lag free play with 16 slot server.
MedasDrson

Post by MedasDrson »

Hello, VeryGames is the provider. It does not matter if we play the basic game or mods. And it makes more players on the server. CPU 4,2GHz. Several other teams also has the same problems.
Karlox

Post by Karlox »

Yes we are not alone with that problem. My knowledge is not enough to explain it. It seems that synchronizing the foliage/field texture is low priority and allowed to lag behind as server FPS doesn't drop, (which you can tell by the vehicles still move smoothly compared to the bug when you strap lot of logs or pallets to the trailer and they lag out the server) and somehow server software can't utilize all resources available. Or maybe a bug that can be fixed as I've not seen this in FS15, maybe someone knows better.
glen

Post by glen »

i cant get on my friends farm but they can get on mine we have the same mods my emd i cant get past Synchronizing data with other players