Opinion on playing through Steam vs not

brentagade

Opinion on playing through Steam vs not

Post by brentagade »

Hello. I currently play on Xbox one but am looking at buying a few copies on computer so I can play with my sons. I have a Mac and they both have PCs. From what I've read they can play with each other.
What I'm curious about is whether I should purchase all through Steam and play on there, or just individual copies and play multiplayer that way.

Any opinions?
Thanks
Brent
juf.de

Re: Opinion on playing through Steam vs not

Post by juf.de »

the biggest advantage of steam over the regular copy/download is, that is will be automatically updated if updates are available und in the sumer und christmas sales DLCs will be pretty cheap.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

The easiest is going to be the disc copy. Pros: the disc copy is more simple, quicker, and don't have to sign up at Steam. Cons: manually update your game, sign up and register at Steam to be able to purchase items. Steam may have sales, but the disc is worth it. I don't have Steam and never will have Steam and I don't ever wish I have it.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
brentagade

Post by brentagade »

Thanks for some insight. Differing opinions indeed lol. I've used Steam before for games like Ages of Empires and Company of Heroes. This game is significantly newer. My concern is capability. Will mods work for both ways? Is there anything you can or can't do (limitations) playing one vs the other. I just want max playability for the 3 of us with minimum problems. I hope that makes sense.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Mods are the exact same, everything between Steam and disc is the same, except what I said in my previous post. Steam updates itself, which you may like. So yeah, Steam and non-Steam versions are exactly the same thing, except Steam automatically updates itself. :)

How to post your log.txt
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

JohnDeere318 wrote:The easiest is going to be the disc copy. Pros: the disc copy is more simple, quicker, and don't have to sign up at Steam. Cons: manually update your game, sign up and register at Steam to be able to purchase items. Steam may have sales, but the disc is worth it. I don't have Steam and never will have Steam and I don't ever wish I have it.
Except a lot of people these days don't even have a disc drive. :lol:
PC: 9600k/1080ti
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Rbk_3 wrote: Except a lot of people these days don't even have a disc drive. :lol:
Yeah that's just the problem... :lol:

How to post your log.txt