Two disc PCs on same router can't play multiplayer

lanceshore

Two disc PCs on same router can't play multiplayer

Post by lanceshore »

By reading through the posts I see I'm not the only one having problems playing in multiplayer. I have a pc and a laptop on a home network that both run off discs. Both can create games in multiplayer mode, but when you try and join the game from the other computer, it is not visible in the list. Here is what I've done: port forwarded the pc to 10823 and port forwarded the laptop to 10824 and changed the port settings to the above mentioned when starting multiplayer. I've also signed up for a steam account for each machine, installed it and tried in both online and offline mode (first of all, I'm not even sure if you need a steam account and install to play multiplayer). I only run 2 mods and they were from mod hub and they are on both machines, and all the settings appear to be the same. I'm running windows 8 on the laptop and windows 10 on the pc.

Frankly I'm at a loss, when I played FS15 this worked just fine with two other folks and without any port configuration. Any suggestions?
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Re: Two disc PCs on same router can't play multiplayer

Post by Stegei »

Do you have two different copies of the game and you used different activation keys on the pc and the laptop?
Are you connecting to the same multiplayer region (e.g. both to International)?
Just to see the server in the list, the port forwarding won't matter (it might become an issue when trying to connect to the game though, although it shouldn't be an issue if you are in the same network)
Did you check the filtering settings (language, known mods only, map, etc.)?
lanceshore

Post by lanceshore »

Stegei,
Yes- 2 different copies with 2 different activation keys.
Yes- connecting through the same region. ( I tried international and continental on both)
Yes- filter settings are identical.
lanceshore

Post by lanceshore »

Got it.

After installing the games, it prompted my to update, but it was to the 1.3 patch and I promptly forgot about it. While scratching my head, I went back to farm simulator's website and noticed there was a 1.4 patch. I downloaded it onto both machines and voila! It now works!