Problem with connection

margar

Problem with connection

Post by margar »

Hi fellow farmers,
I play FS17 with my brother since game release.
We both own box version of the game. We play on desktop computers with OS win7, I have wifi internet and brother has optical and there werent any problems. Problems start when I try to play FS17 on notebook. I work away from home so I install FS on my notebook to play everyday (Im at home only on weekends). I have win10 and mobile 4G internet (with better parameters than my home wifi) First two or three games were OK without problems...but after that, brother cant connect to game I created (and same with me - I cant connect to game he created)...there was an error message...something like "Couldnt connect to multiplayer game" (I can post a screenshot but its in czech languange) sometimes after 4/5 attempts he finally connect to me but this year it doesnt work. Its not working when I create game, Its not working when brother create the game. When I try to connect to random game there isnt problem and its work properly, when I connect notebook to home wifi it is working too...so I think the problem wil be in mobile internet but I dont know how to fix it... (game is patched to 1.3.1, brothers too)
Does anyone know what to do?
Thans for help and sorry for my English.
rikor420

Re: Problem with connection

Post by rikor420 »

question did this started when you are away from home? if you are in the Hotels using there wifi, you might have issues on the 10823 port being forwarded, since FS2017 uses that port to play through.

check this site out, can be used for PC too.

https://farming-simulator.com/networkGuide.php
margar

Re: Problem with connection

Post by margar »

as I write in first spot, we both play on classic PC since game release without any problems
after maybe month of playing I establish mobile 4G internet (LTE) thats only way for me cause Im truck driver and free time I spend on highway parkplaces
Its USB modem with SIM card and as I write before...few times we play without problems (on mobile internet) but it was first month of usage, now its impossible to connect
other online games working well, connection is stable and fast...
one more detail - when I was connected on notebook (LTE) and come back home...i have problems to start save game on PC (wifi) same problem as now on ntb "Couldnt connect to multiplayer game" but after few restarts it works