Why is there no split screen

sandersalfie

Why is there no split screen

Post by sandersalfie »

I want to know why giants haven't implemented a split screen option in the game so that people can play multiplayer of one console?
Green_1

Re: Why is there no split screen

Post by Green_1 »

I would love this, to play with my son and accomplish more things at once.
sandersalfie

Post by sandersalfie »

It would be great and it can't be that hard to put into the console version surely
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

And would make it easier so we can play together and not having to wait to play.
PS4
PS5
Wisfarmer17

Post by Wisfarmer17 »

I agree then my wife and i could farm together? I emailed giants about this, to see if it was gonna be in fs19 but they just told me they couldnt comment on that at this time
PS4. MIDWEST USA.
Irish farmer 91

Post by Irish farmer 91 »

This would be great because I don't like online play that much and where I live the broadband isn't very reliable. Means putting in silage is so dull and boring, drains all the fun out of it. Split screen I cud get help from my father, and vice versa

Fingers crossed it will be in FS19
Playing on Ps4
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Multiplayer on the same machine has pretty much died a death. I was at my friend's the other day and went through the many games he has for something to play together and the only non-online multiplayer games were sports games. Much like developers these days put very little effort into story modes.
snhufro226

Post by snhufro226 »

split-screen? but multiplayer with angled cameras would be great I wish there was a new that allowed you to play multiplayer by connecting to smaller device and synching the same games :hmm: similar to online multiplayer
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

I would love split screen, as me and my other friend are the only ones in our group that have the game :lol:
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

The most likely reason why there is no split-screen multiplayer for this game on consoles is that the consoles simply don't have enough power for this. Please keep in mind that you would have to basically run the game twice for the split-screen mode to work, since each player can do completely different things on different parts of the map at the same time, and since the consoles already have some limitations when running a single version of the game running it multiple times is simply not possible.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

don_apple wrote:The most likely reason why there is no split-screen multiplayer for this game on consoles is that the consoles simply don't have enough power for this. Please keep in mind that you would have to basically run the game twice for the split-screen mode to work, since each player can do completely different things on different parts of the map at the same time, and since the consoles already have some limitations when running a single version of the game running it multiple times is simply not possible.
So is there split-screen on PC/MAC then?

It’s not that the hardware couldn’t do it, it’s that the developers don’t perceive a demand for it any longer. Go back a couple of generations of console and most games offered a split screen function for multiplayer. Now the expectation is that everyone wants multiplayer online since more people have a console and a decent internet connection.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Of course there's no split screen, that would be another issue to give out about if one platform had it over another.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

FarmerJimbob wrote: So is there split-screen on PC/MAC then?
Nope
FarmerJimbob wrote:It’s not that the hardware couldn’t do it, it’s that the developers don’t perceive a demand for it any longer. Go back a couple of generations of console and most games offered a split screen function for multiplayer. Now the expectation is that everyone wants multiplayer online since more people have a console and a decent internet connection.
That the developer don't see a real demand for this might be partially true, but the main difference is also that those games from a couple of generations ago where a lot less 'resource hungry' than FS. So it was a lot easier to implement things like split-screen multiplayer on those older games.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

I'd like to think developers were always developing games towards the ceiling of the capabilities of the technology at that time. I appreciate simulators are resource hungry and not suited to consoles particularly (I have a high end PC and do run sims on it, just not farming) but my point extends beyond FS - there are very few (console) games out there these days that offer multiplayer split screen.
snhufro226

Post by snhufro226 »

game developers should try to find a better alternative because split-screen dose not always work and majority of the time being a gamer myself i weather not deal with it depending on the game. There's all kinds of casting software and hardware that could make it possible to sync screens or share the game over a secure device or network :hmm: . i hate the ideal something that makes it hard to enjoy the game. No split screen for me :this: