an idea for multiplayer

D filthy sloth

an idea for multiplayer

Post by D filthy sloth »

hey guys i don't know if anyone has ever suggested this before or if it can even be implemented but no harm in telling it to find out
ok well say you set up a game and want friends to join but they don't have the DLC and thus they can't join, could it not be made that they can join but just not be able to use that specific DLC equipment???? only reason im wondering as there are people out there who dont bother with DLC but would have friends that do so if you wanted a friend to join your game you basically need to set up a new farm without dais content or sell said content on your current save so you end up losing out on what you pay for
i know the same can technically be said about mods but its not like its hard to just download the mods
just a thought what do you all think?? i know i haven't explained it the best there but im hoping it gets the idea across.
markare

Re: an idea for multiplayer

Post by markare »

If they don't have the dlc they can't join. Simply because the host could have an item of the dlc purchased on the map and be using it. If someone without the dlc joined all everything would be invisible as there would be no files present for them view in the game.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
D filthy sloth

Post by D filthy sloth »

yes this i know, but they could do it the way turn10 does it for forza, adds the base of the DLC in an update so anyone can see it ect but they cant use it unless they buy the dlc, simples ;-) but like i said just a thought, it would make the community more interactive capable plus its basically free advertising.
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

markare wrote:If they don't have the dlc they can't join. Simply because the host could have an item of the dlc purchased on the map and be using it. If someone without the dlc joined all everything would be invisible as there would be no files present for them view in the game.
This can be solved just the same as in World of tanks. Simply buying the DLC would mean buying permission to use it. Everyone would download it in a patch, but it would be accesible only to those who paid for it. This way these who haven't could see this DLC equipment on a map in multiplayer, but would not be able to use it.
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2: