Multiplayer play DLC list

Ghost bear 1957

Multiplayer play DLC list

Post by Ghost bear 1957 »

My question is IF I am using equipment from My friends farm DLC list and not from My DLC list, WHY is it that our respective DLC list need to match in order for me to enter into his farm for multi player gaming ?

Farming Simulator 17 a great game with friends but with the above question for Multiplayer gaming
JohnDeere318

Re: Multiplayer play DLC list

Post by JohnDeere318 »

They need to be the same update or else it just won't work. You have to be on the same exact version of the DLC. I don't know the details, maybe it is one of those "Ask Lisertan" threads about why we need them. I am pretty sure I know, but I can't remember at the moment.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

It don't know the technical reasons. But my understanding of it is that even though you are indeed on your buddies farm. But you are still playing through your system. And your system needs to match his dlc so that your systems can understand each other. If he has something you don't have, or vice versa, then your system won't understand what's its seeing and it will..... Not work... I guess..
Ugly explanation but that's my understanding of it.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
TheGhostGG

Post by TheGhostGG »

Because if he buys an implement you dont have installed how are you supposed to use it or even see the implement? Kind of get what I'm saying? Your console won't recognize the texture, the actions, ect.

This isn't to much of a problem, I brought it up in a other thread but the maps will be an issue when we have to many as time goes on. A very good, yet annoying problem. I shouldn't have to have all maps installed just to play one map I want to play. I rarely play online so its not much of a problem but just planning for our wonderful FS17 future when we have tons of maps and mods to choose from!

I get what your saying though I think.. "Why doesn't the game just load it while I'm joining" type thing.
Xbox One.

Add if you'd like, I would like multiplayer friends! GT: TheGhost GG