FIX YOUR SERVER ISSUES!!

Guil

Re: FIX YOUR DAMN SERVER ISSUES!!

Post by Guil »

Ping is the biggest deciding factor for online gaming, upload is next. What does the game report for your ping? It's in the corner of the onscreen map.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

The game is always hosted by the player who creates the multiplayer game, so there can't be something wrong with our servers. Obviously this means, that the multiplayer experience is mostly defined by the internet connection of the player who creates the game, where mostly the upload bandwidth is the limiting factor.

Also comparing the multiplayer requirements of Farming Simulator to most other games is useless as Farming Simulator is one of the most complex multiplayer games available. The requirements for games like Destiny, Battlefield or Call of Duty is vastly different. The bandwidth required is much smaller, since only a very few objects can be moved and the synchronized state size is relatively small. Imagine a tractor with wheels, frontlader and tool, weight and a trailer filled up trees versus a character with gun.
And there's also the foliage, the fields, the placeables, the ai helpers etc.

To get the best experience, make sure that the player with the best internet connection creates the game and select maximum number of players that closely matches the number of players that you will be playing with and make sure that you use a wired connection to the router (WiFi is usually highly unreliable for high performance real-time applications and can result in sever lags).
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

What Stegei said ^^
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Jaxmaster21

Post by Jaxmaster21 »

Stegei wrote:The game is always hosted by the player who creates the multiplayer game, so there can't be something wrong with our servers. Obviously this means, that the multiplayer experience is mostly defined by the internet connection of the player who creates the game, where mostly the upload bandwidth is the limiting factor.

Also comparing the multiplayer requirements of Farming Simulator to most other games is useless as Farming Simulator is one of the most complex multiplayer games available. The requirements for games like Destiny, Battlefield or Call of Duty is vastly different. The bandwidth required is much smaller, since only a very few objects can be moved and the synchronized state size is relatively small. Imagine a tractor with wheels, frontlader and tool, weight and a trailer filled up trees versus a character with gun.
And there's also the foliage, the fields, the placeables, the ai helpers etc.

To get the best experience, make sure that the player with the best internet connection creates the game and select maximum number of players that closely matches the number of players that you will be playing with and make sure that you use a wired connection to the router (WiFi is usually highly unreliable for high performance real-time applications and can result in sever lags).
Thank you.
:hi:
LS09God

Re: FIX YOUR SERVER ISSUES!!

Post by LS09God »

Shame i don't do multiplayer sessions. Guess it would run like the wind. My fiber connection never failed me so far. Got it for two years now.

I was going to try multiplayer in the future and from what I'm understanding, the host needs the fast connection and then the session will be playable.
Is that a correct assumption?
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Yes but I'm fairly certain if someone with a stuff upload joins then everyone will slow down regardless of their connection because the information for that player can't get uploaded quick enough.
robvdheijden

Post by robvdheijden »

Im not sure about that.

My upload speed is properly bad. (60KB) and we have no issues playing with 12-14 ppl on the server with over 3gb of mods.
I do notice that when lots of stuff happens my download speed has issues (250KB) and i get delays in field updating. But still noone ever complains about lag. The only time we do have lag is when a mod is giving issues.