What is going on with this game? pc online is falling behind

Shuffy

What is going on with this game? pc online is falling behind

Post by Shuffy »

I have been hosting my own server from home for the past month from the get go there has been issues online. Firstly the mods are hard work to get hold of if someone has a mod not approved by giants or an official mod it should not be aloud in the game. Even when people do have mods that are official they still can't get them working. Have to reinstall or restart it's a nightmare for a great modding community apparently
As for online I have quad core 4.8ghz amd.. 8gb ram and gtx750ti oc 2gb... 250gb ssd and two HDS for storage. I build this just to play this game I average around 90fps drops to 70 when over 3000 bales about and over 4 workers on the go... How do u expect people to build up something online when the more u build up the worse the game runs it's silly meaning that after nearly 300 hours building a farm up we had to restart as the game was unplayable The game always lags for everyone online And has done from day one. You provide hosts for dedicated servers but with no insights to how good they are as we found out buying one and it was useless lagged even more what could be causing this the people I play with are from UK and have good Internet speeds like me. Why are the servers so slow? Why everytime someone leaves and comes back it had to sync why can't it save temp and just reload the rest it's soo annoying. Also the amount of kids online is unreal there should be age groups set or you should HAVE set rules for ages.. Adults don't want to play online with kids this has put me off the game massively. U have made plenty of money off your overcharged dlc so sort the servers out before you loose everyone who had paid good money for this game.. And you still haven't stopped the cracked game from going online if you actually cared about your customers then this wouldnt Happen it's easy to release a hotfix stop focusing in the ps and xbox 30fps peasants and focus on pc master race for once! it's not safe having cracked versions online.
Showdizzle

Re: What is going on with this game? pc online is falling behind

Post by Showdizzle »

They are using archaic handshake modalities left over from MS-DOS days for their multiplayer synchronization. Do you find that in Black Ops3, Elder Scrolls Online, GTA, and the list goes on that you have to pause for your players to "sync up?"
Shuffy

Post by Shuffy »

the more i read into the forum the more i realise that nobody is going to come back with an answer to busy with xbox and ps
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Shuffy, just calm down, somebody will answer, give people some time, not everything can happen at the *snap* of a finger.

The reason with the "slow" servers, is because of other people's internet. When I started a dedicated server, or single multiplayer game, it would slow when a certain user came on to join.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Guil

Post by Guil »

What answer do you want? You said you have good internet but what is good and where are you playing from? Can you go to pingtest.com and post the results here?

Also give over with the pc master race thing as well, maybe that's why no one has bothered to reply to you.
Shuffy

Post by Shuffy »

i want an answer on why this game online is not cabale of running you do realise there are many other farming games on the go many coming out this year and when they do . maybe just maybe giants might actually realise and do an update .. it doesnt matter what server what specs you have the fact is the game is badly built online and it needs fixing something needs reducing .. if no improvement over time especially with the bad mods then its just going to get worse i love the game to bits we have many people playing online and i promote it on youtube .. its just annoying after so long of playing it things just constantly lag or become unplayable .. and yeah ill post a speed test my ups over 5mb tho easy !

regarding the pc master race thats my opinion and this is a general forum i havent read any rules regarding stating opinions, and thats a solid fact anyway, regarding consoles etc anyone whos on pc gaming would never go back to console .. and thanks for the little go in the other topic .. great reputation for giants you are as a moderator .. advice in the future take stuff to PRIVATE MESSAGE !
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

Shuffy wrote:regarding the pc master race thats my opinion and this is a general forum i havent read any rules regarding stating opinions, and thats a solid fact anyway
So is it a Fact or an Opinion?? You contradicted yourself...
Shuffy wrote:regarding consoles etc anyone whos on pc gaming would never go back to console ..
Actually, I started on console, then got it for my son on PC, tried it, and we both prefer the console..:)

But I will agree that the online PC experience is a bit frustrating! The long Sync times every time a new player joins... It can take the fun out of it, quickly!...
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

mdoss wrote:
Shuffy wrote:regarding the pc master race thats my opinion and this is a general forum i havent read any rules regarding stating opinions, and thats a solid fact anyway
So is it a Fact or an Opinion?? You contradicted yourself...
Shuffy wrote:regarding consoles etc anyone whos on pc gaming would never go back to console ..
Actually, I started on console, then got it for my son on PC, tried it, and we both prefer the console..:)

But I will agree that the online PC experience is a bit frustrating! The long Sync times every time a new player joins... It can take the fun out of it, quickly!...
I have no use for all these fancy script mods, i like JD as much as the other guy i dont need them to have fun, if i cant find the fun in what mods we have on console, then fs isnt for me, besides i have a comfy bed to lay on after a long days work outside the house.
mayoollie

Post by mayoollie »

Don't know what you are moaning about, got PC version, always have used PC version, runs sweet, 1GB of mods on board, plus custom map, 6 player game, runs sweet as a nut on maximum settings, GPU barely running at 50% load.

Would not play Conslow version for the world.
Ace of Spades? Star Trek Online? Chivalry? Farm Sim? Supreme Commander? Add me on Steam: modifiedgenes