Want to create a private dedicated server

lhenr22

Want to create a private dedicated server

Post by lhenr22 »

wanting to create a dedicated server (not at home) any good ideas please
JohnDeere318

Re: Want to create a private dedicated server

Post by JohnDeere318 »

YouTube it, there are many instructions how to, you just have to research on the internet, that's why you have the internet. :smileynew:

Found one here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw5NLvud030
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Shuffy

Post by Shuffy »

i was looking forward to this untill i found out you need a seperate license to run a sever why should i buy another copy just for that its the only game i have every come across that you need to do this with .. also why has there been no update are you going broke or something do you not read the forums regarding the amount of problems ?
never ever come across a gaming company thats like this before ..
lhenr22

Post by lhenr22 »

I'm not buying another game lol
Shuffy

Post by Shuffy »

my thoughts exactly just host from home i manage with 5/6 players no lag .. as long as everyone has a decent downloa rate you will be fine ... and you need a decent gpu and cpu to host .
Guil

Post by Guil »

All the download capacity in the world won't help unless the host has good upload as well. Shuffy your thread says different about the lag.
janfrekv

Post by janfrekv »

Shuffy wrote:my thoughts exactly just host from home i manage with 5/6 players no lag .. as long as everyone has a decent downloa rate you will be fine ... and you need a decent gpu and cpu to host .
GPU doesn't have anything to say, since dedicated server doesn't render graphics ;)

And yes - it's stuff that a separate licence is needed. Specially since the software-development for dedi-server was crowd-funded, if I don't remember wrong?
Dzi4d3k

Post by Dzi4d3k »

janfrekv wrote:[...]

And yes - it's stuff that a separate licence is needed. Specially since the software-development for dedi-server was crowd-funded, if I don't remember wrong?
But 3-4 months are sufficient to get back investment for another license comparing to rented dedicated servers costs. Well that's doesn't include bills for energy consumed for PC running 24h/day to host Dedicated Server.
CanProFarm

Post by CanProFarm »

To run the dedicated server with DLC's it's strongly possible that you might have to buy those for the D.S too...