You do not have all the required dlc error for xbox one multi-player

SinnersAmongUs

You do not have all the required dlc error for xbox one multi-player

Post by SinnersAmongUs »

Me and my friend both have the premium edition with all dlc installed on the Xbox one but when I try and join his game I get an error message "you do not have all the required dlc" and it puts me back at the main menu. He is able to join me games tho. Does anyone have a fix and could the mods have and effective?

Thanks
BigC92

Re: You do not have all the required dlc error for xbox one multi-player

Post by BigC92 »

He could have downloaded mods, you both have all dlcs, but he might have downloaded mods from the modhub.
SinnersAmongUs

Post by SinnersAmongUs »

So we both have to have the same mods installed? We'll give it a shot.

Thanks
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Maybe, i have no clue if you have to have the same mods to join, most likely you do, but thats 1 solution i have, just talk to your friend, see what he has, and download what he has.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Find his name on list if it has ! then you need dlc. you should see a button for details when you hover over his game,hit that and scroll thru list to find what your missing. it could be a bad download or even a out of date one. good luck.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

SinnersAmongUs wrote:Me and my friend both have the premium edition with all dlc installed on the Xbox one but when I try and join his game I get an error message "you do not have all the required dlc" and it puts me back at the main menu. He is able to join me games tho. Does anyone have a fix and could the mods have and effective?

Thanks
THE BIGGEST cause of "you do not have all the required dlc" on consoles is because Giants has built the game such that when you are hosting a multiplayer session, in the mods to enable screen selecting ALL also selects all the maps you have. This is really bad, there is NO GOOD REASON to enable any other map than the one you are hosting, but it is the default and hosts have to manually go through and disable them for the session. Once it is done and saved it's fine every time you host after that. There are so many map mods now out on consoles that nobody can have them all downloaded, so we all have to be choosy which maps we have.

The other cause is mods that are no longer downloadable from the in-game mod hub. There are quit a few (such as Minion Weight, Vport, etc.) that people that have been playing longer than you downloaded when they came out but you can't download them now cuz they're gone from the hub. All you can do in this instance is message the host and ask them if they are willing to restart the session with those mods not enabled. Now, it would be NICE if Giants coded the game to warn people creating a session that they are creating it with a mod that is no longer downloadable, but that's a core code change Giants would have to do.

As to you specifically, your friend has a map or mod enabled that you do not have, I'm betting it's a map he's downloaded that you haven't. He has everything that you have, hence he can join sessions you host, but you are missing something he has so you can't join him unless he disables those, or you download them.