Multiplayer with separate farms

BigYveske

Multiplayer with separate farms

Post by BigYveske »

Hi, I've got this vision about a multiplayer game for farming where each player has his own farm, income and expenses.

Maybe it's not possible but this makes me think back to the time I played age of empires.
Everyone had his empire and was able to grow on his own way.
Besides of destroying each other, in fs you should work together. Helping each other out.

Like maybe a multiplayer map where you can play with 5 players. Each his own farm: 1.cows 2.pig 3.sheep 4. Forestry 5. BGA
Or maybe in group more players on one farm.

Everyone starts with a few fields and low equipment and you all have to grow by helping each other out for a paycheck or by selling each other fruits, manure, fertilizer, straw you name it.

I hope you understand my vision on it and maybe it could get some support.

I know this is big thinking and maybe it's not possible for the next couple years butt this is one of my biggest FS multiplayer wishes.

Thanks for reading!
I'm living for my farm, I'm farming for life!
TomXP411

Re: Multiplayer with separate farms

Post by TomXP411 »

This is probaby something that would have to be implemented in the next big upgrade.

I was envisioning something similar: allowing people to travel from one farm to another using the roads in the game.

So it would work like this: take a map like Goldcrest, that has that one big highway that spans the width of the map. Right now, the ends of the highway just stop your vehicles, but I'd love to see something where hitting the end of the road transports you to a new map, which could be a different map on your computer or a map on another server. If you and your friends all set up links to each other's maps, you could transport goods and equipment between servers or different maps on your own computer.

This would require modifications to the base game, since I doubt mods have the ability to launch different maps. There's also the issue of what mods are running on these other maps... I suppose the answer there would be an automatic download-and-sync process for mods; that's another conversation entirely.
PC | XBox One | American Outback, Westbridge
Diggity

Re: Multiplayer with separate farms

Post by Diggity »

While we're dreaming of stuff like this,

I think it might be neat if when a player joins your map/server (I'm on PS4) that they could actually earn wages for the work they do for you and (here is the big part) they get to take that pay with them when they leave your map and return to their own map. Sort of like how the missions work now, but from the multiplayer perspective. You might even be able to approve the paycheck so if they are trolling you could deny the pay. Might help weed out some of the bafoons?

Jim