Northside Farming Group (2015 - ) - Where sim meets reality Map-Gatehead Edit

SneakyBeaky

Northside Farming Group (2015 - ) - Where sim meets reality Map-Gatehead Edit

Post by SneakyBeaky »

Hello everyone,

We are currently looking to recruit for our server. We are a long standing group over on fsuk , however, we have recently started up again after a summer break. We are running a heavily edited Ballymoon map. Please take some time to read through our thread on fsuk and if interested please https://www.fs-uk.com/forum/index.php?topic=182644.0

About Northside Farming Group(2015 - ):

Northside Farming Group, NSFG for short, came about after my first taste of how good multiplayer could be having tried a few multiplayer servers, daggerwins for example. This was all well and good for a 'newbie' to the game but, it soon became apparent that I had a thirst for more realism, especially when I became more aware of the fantastic mods that were being released regularly.

After speaking with a few good folk on the fsuk community, I had decided to create my own and at least attempt to offer something I wasn't finding myself within the fsuk website. I wanted to provide a server that would offer more functionality, which would ultimately keep everyone busy and split up the tasks to keep things entertaining.  I believe this is very important for multiplayer as it provides a little something for all those who look for different sources of entertainment within Farming Simulator game. As well as providing different aspects of farming, logging and logistics, i wanted to incorporate as much realism as we could get away with whilst maintaining the fun aspect of the game as I'm fully aware members seek enjoyment in different ways. It was and still is important that new members are on board with how we want to run things that way we are all on the same page meaning we can just jump on and enjoy the banter or use it as an avenue to switch off after a long day.

The Northside server is not catered to one specific type of player, this means we attract people from all ages and walks of life, however, we are a mature server. The ages range spans from late teens all the way up through the clouds past 40 years old. My days... some of my members are old ;) Despite the difference in ages we all get along and enjoy each others company as and when we go on.
I must stress that you do not need any experience as we are here to offer support and guidance into MR playing. There is also no requirements in how much time you need to come on, just come on as and when you feel like it.  

Operations:
[hr]
As I mentioned above, we are a server that likes to simulate realistically and as such we have certain things in place to allow us to play like this, be it ; more realistic mods, edited maps and mods, a google field sheet which enables us to plan,organise and monitor, more realistic  approaches to task and so forth. Whilst this all may seem daunting to a newbie to the community, we are not strict to the point where it is no fun, these are just elements in which we add to enhance the experience. There is no manual in which you need to read and follow word for word ;P haha
We ourselves are still learning about many aspects of the game and farming so do not be intimidated by the realistic approach.

Our Map:

[hr]
First of all, I'd like to thank Mappers Paradise for allowing us to modify the map to suit our needs and further improving the map to make it even more rewarding.  We are running a modified version of Ballymoon with the ambition to add more functionality to it. This will keep the work log full during those winter months. Below are some of the items that are currently in the map and will soon be included in future updates.
Those who have contributed to NSFG's edit are as follow; Farmer_bell( Implementation/design, Robbie(Modelling) and myself(Implementation/design)
Multi Terrain Angle
Fillable fuel tanks
Composter
Council Depot( for our snow gritter )
Redesigned Farm & BGA
Sugar,Milk, Pallet, Fuel, and sawmill factories(automatic tip triggers)
WIP Greenhouse
Vehicle locking script/ownership
SnowMask(seasons)
Dirty(mud)
New sell points
Potato washer and steamer
and much more

As I mentioned above, we track and follow our tasks using a field sheet that has slowly evolved since its birth in 2015. I'd like to thank Steven for helping getting this off the ground and I'm happy with how it has turned out. Its worth mentioning that real time in game stats can be monitored(thank you Ian for this) as well as user graphs to see who is currently boss'n the leaderboard. Below is a preview of our task sheet.
To allow me more freedom in changing/updating mods, one of our more gifted members(Mike aka Jamespants) created a mod downloader for us. This will synch your mod folder with how one of our servers, simply log in and it will do the work for you.

Robbie(NSFG) WIP

Credits: GIANTS,BulletBill,BsM, BFarmer_Bell, Mapper Paradise, Robbie (MVP), Ian898, Blacksheep Modding, upsideDown ,Xentro, Marhu, CDModelz  and many more. If I have missed anyone, please contact me and I will make sure to list your credits :)

Interested in being a part of the team?
[hr]
We currently only accept interest via this thread, not the website or by direct messaging me so.  If you have genuine interest in being a part of our team, please post on our thread only and nowhere else. Please include your speed test to london, pc spec, age, location and briefly why you are interested in our nsfg. One line answers are not to your advantage. If you post to multiple servers at same time as well as applying to join us, you're interest will be discarded. We have invested a lot of time in developing our server and everything that comes with it, if you only care about getting on 'a' server rather than ours, we are not for you.

Blacklisted players

Sarcoex
Last edited by SneakyBeaky on Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:27 pm, edited 9 times in total.
DakuTatsu

Re: Northside Farming Group - Where sim meets reality (MR)

Post by DakuTatsu »

i would love to join in i have a 3.4Ghz cpu on a msi h81i motherboard with 16gigs of ram with a SSD disk drive sadly few days ago my graphics card died i am 26

i can not find a place to do a speed test from my home to London i live in the usa
SneakyBeaky

Post by SneakyBeaky »

DakuTatsu wrote:i would love to join in i have a 3.4Ghz cpu on a msi h81i motherboard with 16gigs of ram with a SSD disk drive sadly few days ago my graphics card died i am 26

i can not find a place to do a speed test from my home to London i live in the usa

Hi bud, Due to the distance I dont think this server will be suitable for you. There is a lot going on which requires good internet and typically the route to and from USA/Europe is not the best.
Last edited by SneakyBeaky on Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SneakyBeaky

Post by SneakyBeaky »

Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Hi. I'm definitely interested . Have just come over to FS on PC after playing on console
I've found it to be a different world ! Have limited experience on MP having played single player mostly.
I have an i5, 8gb ram, 1060 GTX card but no idea how to run a speed test . I live in Suffolk though.
The idea of MP with a nice bunch of lads appeals greatly as does the idea of working together etc.
Plenty of free time too as I do shift work lol.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
SneakyBeaky

Post by SneakyBeaky »

I have pm'd you.
Please note.To perform a speed(ping) test, simply enter this in google and select speedtest (dot) net.Then drag the marker to london and click begin. When the text finishes, it will provide you with a link you can copy.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Ok thanks. Will run a test tomorrow
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
SneakyBeaky

Post by SneakyBeaky »

Great! pop me a pm tomorrow and I shall respond fairly sharpish.

It started out a miserable morning in Bally, bloody rain! It did give me an excuse to do the fuel run early on.  Must have been spitting buckets, the farm track had some swimming pools forming.  

Weather has turned out rather nicely and I took the oppotunity to perv on the fendt whilst on the plow.
Creaky Bones

Post by Creaky Bones »

If you Like it real guys it's the place to be. Seasons, MR, Manual Attaching, Real World time and timescale on a new heavily modded map.
There are alot of mods but they are in all in one convenient download.
Perfect for people that want to play it right.
https://www.fs-uk.com/forum/index.php?topic=182644.0
SneakyBeaky

Post by SneakyBeaky »

Morning peeps,

NSFG is still looking to recruit mature players who like to simulate real world techniques and also like to have a bit of craic on discord, be it over text chat or voice.
SneakyBeaky

Post by SneakyBeaky »

New boy is barely out of his diapers on the server and already pressing me to give him a new toy. The question is, which toy do I give him? (2 of which need to be brought up to NSFG standards  ;) ) Thoughts anyone?

As my skivi has mentioned, we are hauling donkey to try and get ourselves turned around, ready for winter. We did however, manage to get the tatty washer up and going. Although, I think our calculations were slightly askew, we have overproduced haha

It wont be long until we turn our attention to logging so that we can get the rest of our factories online.  Could really use some help *hint hint*
pafk1

Post by pafk1 »

Hello

Speed test - I chose random London server, Ping 41ms, Dwnld 101.10 Mbps, up 20.20 Mbps
Specs - i5, 8gb ram, HD 7800 card.
Age - over 20
Location - Estonia
Why - Really interested in realism,
Bored of playing only solo, and with randoms
Playing always as realistically as possible.
Using all mods what makes the game more realistic.
2Tees

Post by 2Tees »

Good morning guys.

I've been working at NSFG for a few weeks now and I have to say SinglePlayer is gone for me. Being at an active farm where you meet other workers and do tasks together is so much more immersion. Love how they handle things at NSFG, the boss is a boss but also listens to advice and requests. We even kept him a whole week taped to the Giants Editor bless him. This can be your home if you are into realistic farming with a bit of side fun (blocking in the bosses nice T7 so he have to move a lot of stuff before he can drive is only 1 example). Lots of factories to keep supplied and haul the goods to sell. High end mods. Many fields. A Ballymoon map like you never seen before with upgrades done to it on a weekly base. A workflow sheet where you can check what needs to be done to what field, update according so the next farmer knows what tasks to do makes it a lot more manageable for all of us.

And the end the post with some pictures.

Driving the bosses T7 to handle the bigger plough

Stacking boardspallets at the pallet factory

Loading beets for the sugarfactory

Clearing the rolling floor at the Greenhouse so production can keep going

Silage season in full swing

Getting in the harvest

Speedbaling rush, look at the sky and you know why

See you at NSFG !
IDC Farms

Post by IDC Farms »

Well we are in the lasts throes of Autumn now, with us needing to get our Maize silage cut and a fair bit of ground work done before winter sets in. We had a late spring this year which meant we had a very short period to get spring crops in the ground, which then left our crops coming late to the ripe stage - but we got there thanks to the application of glyphosate (controversial).

And just to challenge us more it’s raining on our last day of autumn.

The farm has expanded with boss man Ben buying new land, thankfully our workforce has also increased to help us farm it. Over the summer the builders have been in - flattening some old buildings ( don’t tell the cooncil) in the pig yard and replacing them with a more practical shed - one that I can’t rip a hole in the roof whilst tipping.

We post our farm pics daily on FSUK with the tag @NSFG so be sure to keep an eye out for them (and like mine please) .

There is always a warm welcome for new farmers here @ NSFG, so if you fancy adding to the enjoyment of Farming Simulator then come and join our team. There is always plenty do do and something for everyone to enjoy. We do farm realistically with plenty of leg pulling and laughs as we go. Although we run realistically we are relaxed. Our kit is fitting to the farm, with quality mods that Ben and his behind the scenes lads have tested and personalised for our farm.

Drop us a message on this page or PM either myself or Ben.
IDC Farms

Post by IDC Farms »

So we talk a lot about our farm and all the factories we manage alongside the usual farming operations, well thanks to our Joe we are able to showcase our multi map showing where everything lives.

Cheers Joe your handy works a life saver.

This year sees us bringing production of liquid and granular fertiliser to the table. This new production facility should shave our cost of production significantly.

This weekend should see temperatures rise and our drills busy in the fields - with the farm expanding drilling this year will need the team to split into a day and night shift - luckily for us we have our American team on permanent nights.

Cheers for now

Iain