Northside Farming Group (2015 - ) - Where sim meets reality Map-Gatehead Edit

SneakyBeaky

Re: Northside Farming Group - Where sim meets reality (MR)

Post by SneakyBeaky »

In other news, I've been worked like a donkey all weekend pushing a new edit out of the map to give us some much needed improved distant scenery, it really has made a difference. On top of this, I've made the map partly ready for the hose system by Wopster.  Hungup on attempting to use the manure pit method but, hopefully, we can find a way of getting it resolved in the future. Further improvements have been made to the market prices, sheep farm and bga. Also, we have me and my trusty script magician have been working on a script that has enabled us to control the clip distances of vehicles and objects within sheds. Of course, my guys are my guinea pigs for this experiment but, it has worked like a charm. The performance and fps has improved in heavily populated areas like the farm.   You'll notice that the NH starts to fade the further away you are from the shed. Really happy with this so, thank you Timothy.

Also, we've been working on the JCB to add some more life to it.  Currently, she has; a new wheel pack, mesh grill/hud, new strobes, new exhaust particle effects, new sounds, cab suspension, register plate and new lights. Although, its going to be a while before I do something like this again. Ive worked harder on this than I do at work lol.  Jack, big up for assisting in this. Your my boy!

As Iain has touched on, we are still actively recruiting despite the large influx of new and old returning members
IDC Farms

Post by IDC Farms »

So we are into mid summer now at Northside Farming Group (@NSFG).

We got an early (but light) cut of silage done to ease our new Krone self propelled forage harvester in. She seemed to be more than up for the job and with plenty of acres of maize to cut this season she’ll soon pay for herself.

The lads have been kept busy sowing maize and soya the last couple of days and nights and also getting all fields to the correct fertilised state.

Producing our own liquid and pellet fertiliser has certainly cut our costs significantly.

With grass looking good I think we will be at silage again before harvest starts - then it will be all systems go as we try and get everything harvested before the weather turns (not to mention autumn cultivation’s).

Boss man Ben has been talking to some men in suits (hopefully not in public toilets again) and is negotiating a deal on a new on farm distillery and cooperage to produce the finest uisge beatha (whisky) - novel idea producing scotch whisky in Ireland Smiley. Sounds like another diversification opportunity to keep me out the forest (great thing about @NSFG is it’s not all forestry forestry forestry come winter Grin)

We are always on the lookout for new workers. So if you enjoy the craic (and are +16) drop us a line.
IDC Farms

Post by IDC Farms »

Belated Happy New Year everyone from us all here at Northside Farming Group.

Despite the holiday season the farm has been ticking over nicely with the lads putting in the hours in between mouthfuls of turkey and liquid refreshments.

Here are some shots I managed to capture (whilst semi sober) of the last weeks action.

GETTING THE NUTRIENT LEVELS RIGHT IS KEY TO A HAPPY BOSSMAN
BALING AND WRAPPING SOME SILAGE WITH THE KRONE BALER WE HAD ON DEMO THIS SEASON
BUSY YARD AT SILAGE TIME
HAY BALED AND READY TO HEAD OFF TO THE SHEEP FARM

Although we will be shortly waving goodbye to Ballymoon we are still actively recruiting new members to the team.  Our server runs 24/7 on Real Time meaning there is always work needing doing (and we are usually up against it).  

So if your New Years resolution is to enjoy FS at its best then drop us a line on this thread (we are a mature(ish) team so more suited to +18 years old (don't want to turn your hair grey with our banter).  We don't take things too seriously - we want to make being part of a team fun and enjoyable.

All the best for 2018 one and all, wishing you and your families all the health and happiness.

THE NORTHSIDE FARMING GROUP

https://www.fs-uk.com/forum/index.php?topic=182644.0
SneakyBeaky

Post by SneakyBeaky »

Hello all,

It has been a while since my last post on GIANTS forum so here we go. NSFG is still going strong and we have a great core of players whom have been with us for some time now. We are always looking to add to the group so, if you are looking for a long term home, come check us out on our fsuk thread.

Most probably wont have know this but, we are constantly testing wip mods intended for release and one of our latest test mods was the clipController script that vastly improves map performance by reducing the clip distance of any vehicle in the vehicle.xml. This includes bales. We've been testing this script thoroughly since November last year after floating the idea by my in house guru Timmiej93. This script has since been released and pinned by giants on their modding forum. If anyone is curious, I strongly recommend checking that page out.viewtopic.php?f=895&t=123399

I will leave it at that for now but, please enjoy one of my members most recently screenshots from in-game and our new yt clip. Id like to thank Mike for his first attempt at recording and editing a video. Good effort.
Image[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heruto2amk4[/youtube]
2Tees

Post by 2Tees »

Was enjoying a bit of a nap on the sofa, close to the fireplace in the farmhouse when the chatter on the radio started.  "anyone to cart ?"
So took the old red las, hooked up a trailer and went to find me some combines in the field.

Didnt take me long to find them

Mark and Colin were already cracking on so I quickly unloaded them

After a few trips between the field and the yard they were already heading back, we were against the clock so we improvised an unloading spot

The sunset closing in

But we managed to get it all in, and headed home

Come join us at NSFG
IDC Farms

Post by IDC Farms »

Well winter is now thankfully a distant memory here at Northside Farming Group.

Saying that winter is as busy on our virtual farm as any other season.

This winter saw us testing a new salt script written by timmiej93 which hopefully will be available for others to enjoy soon - the lads and lasses at NSFG all gave it a serious testing and thanks to seasons there was plenty snow to keep shifting.

Keeping the Oakfield roads clear of the Beast from the East's relentless snow

It was an odd year right enough, we saw ourselves ploughing, sowing and even lifting a late cut of silage in early days of winter. It really did feel like I was working on a real British farm.

Lifting grass day 1 winter

We have now got ourselves a fully functioning biomass plant producing all our energy needs to run the production sites (pallets, boards, barrels and distillery). Nice addition but its a hungry beast and needs constant filling with wood chips. We went through a good number of trees this past year and we will need to get on and replant to keep the environmentalists happy.

We are now well into spring, thankfully we were able to get manure and compost out to the fields when the frost was in the ground and got that spread before the cultivations started.

Grass is coming on well we managed to get onto the fields early in spring with the slurry tankers.

We should be ready to get first cut started very soon. We made a good lot of hay in the previous years so think everything can go into the clamp, we may even have to make some baled silage if clamps are full.

We are still actively recruiting so please drop us a message on the thread here or on our FSUK page if you are interested in joining us.
Bandit188

Re: Northside Farming Group - Where sim meets reality (MR) Oakfield Edit

Post by Bandit188 »

Recently joined this farming group and enjoy it, friendly people, lots to do. and feels like a community. Highly recommend applying.
SneakyBeaky

Post by SneakyBeaky »

Morning folks!

So i've just pushed another update to further expand mCompany throughout the map.  We now produce our very own Oaky butter, bio fuel and fruit. I expect to hear no complaints saying there isnt anything to do :P

Lastly, we've been playing around with the customizable UK and matching trailer plates, it has again been expanded. This is a really cool feature actually. We can now randomly generate plate registration but, it will follow the format set by the dvla for Newcastle plates. What a naughty idea! Mind, the Newcastle bit may have been pushed by me for no reason what so ever  ::)
Since the first test , Led strobes have been added to the plates for night time use.
[center]Image
Three stages of plate. Left (unattached), middle (attached no tractor lights), right(attached, lights on)
Scottish Farmer

Post by Scottish Farmer »

Joined the group last month and have enjoyed the much more varied work along with what you normally find with the standard game. Great bunch of members who are only to happy to help with being a new member to the team. If you are looking for a well run farm with much more than what the standard run of the mill farms have to offer, highly recommended.
cedrik1995

Post by cedrik1995 »

Getting the last fields seeded 8)
JohnEB86

Post by JohnEB86 »

PC Specs: i7 7700k, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4, Asus Z270-A, Corsair VS650, Coolmaster Hyper 212 Evo, Asus GTX980, SSD Hard Drive.

Really Interested in joining like minded players. Play solo a lot on Oakfield. Have very good knowledge of how farms work and always play to as realistic as can do.
Right from a child I have always been fascinated in tractors had nearly every Britain's model possible.
Also use to help out on our family friends dairy farm which sadly was sold many years ago.
Would love to join your team. I'm a team player and always willing to help.

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks.
Jooki

Post by Jooki »

PC: i7-6800k, 32gb DDR4, x99A Raider, GTX 1080Ti, wheel, joystick, trackir, and pedals.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/7257505176.png

My main reason that i want to join is that I have been playing the game for 500 hours or so in SP now wants to step up and play it more seriously and maybe even make some new mate whilst doing it. as noted above I'm 24. I work full time, I work well in team and have good communication skills. I have no RL farming experience but learn fast.

Looking forward to hear from you

-Jook
2Tees

Post by 2Tees »

hi All, time for another update

While doing a general checkup on things I got a call from the local store they were out of rye and he was willing to pay big money. I replied I'll have a check and call him back. Ofcourse I knew we had loads...

With that done and big money made I joined Tom in some slurry work. While he loaded the field container I loaded the spreader with the 933. New Veenhuis with 15m boom. Very nice Sneaky, thanks !

After doing my first run I come back to the field container Tom waving his arms madly in my directing yelling some words I'll not put down here... Looks like I forgot to close the valve ;D ;D

So here's a shot of me watching the valves very sharp trying to remember to close them before running of

After the slurry it was time check our factories for goods and do some hauling.
This road coming down from HillTop Stores keeps scaring me, if you ever ran down here with a full heavy load you'll know what I mean

Last run of the day was the local brewery. This shot shows that not all dead ends have to be a bad thing.... BEER is to be found at this one.

Come join us, check us out @ NSFG

Special thanks to
Sneaky Beaks for his edit of Oakfield and his continious effort in pleasing his team by pumping out the goodies
Oxygendavid for Oakfield farm map
All modders for keeping up the great work, without you FS would not give us so many hours of gaming
The NSFG team for being such a good bunch of idiots, makes me fit in :D
NLgamerTom

Post by NLgamerTom »

Hey guys,

before I even make a post that i want to join.
I want to know if its worth to have someone from The Netherlands?
My internet can be fine to play on multiplayer, with lag sometimes.
SneakyBeaky

Post by SneakyBeaky »

NLgamerTom wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:22 pm Hey guys,

before I even make a post that i want to join.
I want to know if its worth to have someone from The Netherlands?
My internet can be fine to play on multiplayer, with lag sometimes.

Now this depends on your connection and your pc specs bud. I currently have people from NL, Denmark, Norway, Belgium and across the UK. We run a pretty demanding setup so, if you dont have the best of pc's or internet then this server is most likely not for you im afraid.