Full On Forestry (PC)

fullon-foresty

Full On Forestry (PC)

Post by fullon-foresty »

Hi guys, I just picked up this game last week and have enjoyed it so much I decided to rent a dedicated multiplayer server from gameservers.com and have been running it for a few days now for PC.

I have it well populated with logging activities but as with most online games there's always jerks coming in and tossing all the gear in the river. I think I would prefer a small group to share in my server where we can really enjoy the game so in the near future I'll be adding a password to the server.

In the mean time if you're interested in becoming part of the community...please join in. The password for the server will be logging should you encounter it in the future.

Look for the server in International category called Full On Forestry 24/7. Cheers!
Slivicon

Re: Full On Forestry (PC)

Post by Slivicon »

I recommend you consider this mod for your server to nullify the water trolling, I put it on mine: https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017 - only downside is no free water filling if you look for that in a map, can only fill water at purchase spots (troughs) - how it works is very simple, it just makes the game think the water level is 100 below the map. You still see water, but you can drive through it like it's not even there; impossible to do water trolling.
fullon-foresty

Post by fullon-foresty »

Thanks for the suggestion. Downloaded but I'm not sure how to install it. Would all players need the mod? If they choose not to install it will they still be able to sink vehicles?
1stGenGamer

Post by 1stGenGamer »

Hi there, Was on the server last night (10/21 - 10/22) and yes it was a mess. Me and a couple other players tried to get something going again in field 1 but there was a few players that just seemed to do nothing helpful. And the constant Synching from players connecting then disconnecting a minute later was annoying. Anyway, Was looking for your server again this morning and can't find it. I assume you are working on it. I would like to know when you come back online as I would like to join and be helpful. I don't think the water mod is needed by the clients and if it is installed on the server it should prevent everyone from drowning equipment (I think, 50% sure lol).

This might help: https://youtu.be/xdhFItlK8dQ
fullon-foresty

Post by fullon-foresty »

Thanks 1st Gen. I finally figured it all out and got the server running the mod...tested it out and it all works good. Server's been reset and ready to go. Thanks for all the suggestions and help. Cya in there hopefully.
fullon-foresty

Post by fullon-foresty »

What is with that syncing/pause screen when users join, it's very annoying.
Slivicon

Post by Slivicon »

fullon-foresty wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. Downloaded but I'm not sure how to install it. Would all players need the mod? If they choose not to install it will they still be able to sink vehicles?
Everyone has to have the identical mod zip files as the host of a multiplayer game or they can't join the game. In a dedicated server, you use the dedicated server web panel to install mods, and the clients have to have them. In the dedi server panel you can enable a link to a web page and give your players that link so they can download the mods if they don't have them.
Slivicon

Post by Slivicon »

fullon-foresty wrote:What is with that syncing/pause screen when users join, it's very annoying.
It's always been there in each version, and yes, it's insanely annoying. I figure it must be a limitation of their choice of game engine, can't imagine any other reason why it continues to exist.
1stGenGamer

Post by 1stGenGamer »

Good deal! I hope it goes better this time for you. I work a swing shift so I won't be home until after 9pm MST Colorado. I'll be on then to check it out. Happy logging! Lol
fullon-foresty

Post by fullon-foresty »

Well that certainly changed the dynamics. Not as many ppl coming in to the server so it's nice and smooth and the folx there seem eager to do stuff and enjoy the game.
TheCurlyMonkey

Post by TheCurlyMonkey »

Joined this server for a while, all went fine, seemed a good, serious server.

I logged off for a few hours and when I came back on, I tried to clean one of the main logging areas up, so I dragged one of the woodchippers up to make getting rid of the small stuff easier.

Big mistake. Immediately got a telling off by "sonic", and before I even got the chance to apologise, I was banned.

your servers not going to get very far if your admin are so ban happy.
fullon-foresty

Post by fullon-foresty »

It also doesn't get very far with people moving gear all over the place even after asking them to not do so. It's all good though...just a game. I cancelled the server anyways, too much work to get people organized and too many kids just disrupting everything. I'll look for a dedicated logging group in a private server.
W1der

Post by W1der »

If you are interested I just got a sawmill operation set up on the GCV main farm area ...

Only mods needed is the sawmill and drive control.

I will be running it as "sawmill/w1der - 5m logs" ... (only available when I am "online").
Or just give me a heads up when you have time to play ... :this:

My internet connection and PC is pretty good, so it should be fine even if it is not running on a dedicated server.

I am on GMT +2 hours (from November it will be +1 hour).
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
fullon-foresty

Post by fullon-foresty »

Sounds cool dude, I'll keep an eye out for your server
fullon-foresty

Post by fullon-foresty »

Well I tried going online when I play and opening up my session, it's been real interesting with some good work getting done, thanks for the visitors. Keep an eye out for the Full On Forestry server in the international section. Cheers!