Dumb question?

AC7045

Dumb question?

Post by AC7045 »

I recently started a farm, my intention being to have a place where my brother and I could go to either work together or return later to do a job or two solo. We started, and then I had to leave. My brother was kicked out after I left.

This is on Xbox One, and the settings are two players, only friends, with a password.

I just wanted a farm where the two of us could work, shut down for the night, and return another day and work some more. Is this possible? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.
FordFarmer97

Re: Dumb question?

Post by FordFarmer97 »

You have to be on PC to have a server that runs all the time
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Slivicon

Post by Slivicon »

If you want a situation where you have a persistent farm where either one of you can log in or out at will, then you need a dedicated server, which is only available on the PC platform, not console (also available for rent from places like verygames.net). Hosting on console, the host has to leave the game up and running - if the host exits, all players are disconnected.

I'm not sure what other ideas people might use for consoles - I suppose if someone had a separate xbox live account with FS 17 and a separate xbox console they could leave it running hosting a game to be a kind of "pseudo" dedicated server - not sure how many people would have all that...
W1der

Post by W1der »

When running a savegame on a dedicated server I think there is an option to "pause" the game when no one is online.

As you are hosting this on your XB1 I dont think this option is available (as the host is always online).
Leaving your console running for your friends to join the game ... time would never stop, your animals starve, crops could witter (if this option is not turned off) and all the "fees" would be deducted at midnight every day.
But if you can "live with" that scenario ... I guess that is your only option.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5