Looking for Player - MP

Poppyfarmaston

Looking for Player - MP

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

:biggrin2: I'm a complete Newbie ... but seem to be learning quick enough; despite being a slow learner.

Although I have a few things on over Xmas ... I am keen to spend MANY hours on this game.

Would someone please be kind enough to tell my the best settings to put my game on? I really don't understand the Pros and Cons of Multiplayer just yet ... but I am all ears if someone could advise me.

Here are the screen shots of my Multiplayer Setting Pages: (not sure what is all means at this stage .. but please do tell me what you think I should change)

& or what it all means.

SO Who would like to join and show me the ropes? ... we can put a password on and I can adjust the settings so it's mutually beneficial? If the latter is possible. How about it? Any takers?

Oh I should add .. I am playing this game to relax ... Not to be competitive. Thought that was worth mentioning. I don't mind having aims ... but not out to win a prize. I would also like to work on creating a farm that's more environmentally friendly. Not sure if that's possible with this game. You tell me. :)

PS - What's the Pros and Cons of Renting a Server? I intend to read up on it, but in the mean time - don't be shy ... tell me all you know! Be as specific or non- specific as you wish! ;)
Last edited by Poppyfarmaston on Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poppyfarmaston

Re: Looking for Player - MP - English or Non English. No Big Deal

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

Please no dragging the paddock up. Some kind of systematic approach is required. PM if interested.
markare

Post by markare »

The settings in your first screenshot are for people joining your game. The only one you have set to on is the hire assistant. Means exactly what it says. Anyone caan hire helper on your game and it will cost money just like single player best to put that option to off. The second screenshot shows nothing because seperately accounts are turned off. This means that anything someone on your game sells they get payment for it. I'm almost positive it's split between every person on the game and the host gets the majority of the cash. The ability to sell or buy vehicles is best turned off as you have it until you have played long enough to trust people not to just buy and sell equipment and waste your hard earned cash. The second screenshot will show the money made on the game if the seperately account ts are turned in. It will show each person's game name and how much money they have. You can add money to a user on this screen aswell as kicking them from your session if they are just messing around and not doing what you want them to do. When you close your game that session of multiplayer will close and all work done will ask you if you want to save progress. All money then goes to you and your map will save. You can then play that map on single player and continue with stuff. Multiplayer is just opening up your map to other users.

As far as i know about the dedicated server is you rent this for a monthly or yearly subscription and it allows your game to run 24/7 but you need another seperately copy/key for farm sim for this to work. What ever else can be done with it I'm not sure as I play on the xb1. But that's the ins and outs. Hope it helped

Edit due to my phone thinking that typing ins meant I wanted institutes and auto filled for me
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

That was an awesome response. I got heaps out of that.

Thx Heaps Makare!
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

Hmmm this is not working out so well. Communicating with others seems to be an issue as well as people just tearing up the paddocks. I have since talked a friend into buying the game as well as now have other family members looking into the game. One already plays on Xbox.

I wonder if Giant has a Dedicated Server Option like that of Minecraft Realms. We pay a small fee monthly for that. It's a great service.

Does Giant have something similar to that for the PC Steam Version? Love this Game ... happy to subscribe for a dedicated server. Can't be bothered hacking one myself. Too much time, tech issues and resource hogging.
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

The website Steam Takes me to is not in English, which makes me question if it will work for steam?

Translated web page and came up with zero results having searched the word Steam. Oh well. :(
Spector51

Re: Looking for Player - MP

Post by Spector51 »

i have a multiplayer server that is looking for adult acting players. We are playing snetterton farms, are english speaking and located in the US. We would love to farm with your group.
I can be found on dicord at "Spector51#0991".

Let me know if you are interested
Poppyfarmaston

Re: Looking for Player - MP

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

PM Sent. TY.