DLC on Dedicated Servers

GaGrumpyDad

DLC on Dedicated Servers

Post by GaGrumpyDad »

I have 3 dedicated servers. I bought them through Game Servers, then installed them through the Giants Software Server page. I have all of the DLC and run them on my career games, but I can't get my server to load the maps and content. The Server log says Invalid license to run this map. Sorry but when I bought the content that gave me the license. Does anyone have a solution?
GaGrumpyDad

Re: DLC on Dedicated Servers

Post by GaGrumpyDad »

By the way I am presenting the game at High school ag. departments to get more young people interested in farming, and degrees in agriculture. The servers are vital to my programs sucsess. I do not charge for server access, and make nothing by giving the presentations. So a speedy answer would be nice, I am presenting to 90-120 students on the 13th and I need the one server I want to load the Platnuim Expansion pack as well as straw harvest on up and running ASAP.
Guil

Post by Guil »

You need a separate licence for a dedicated server so you need 2 licences for the game and each DLC that you want to load on the server.
GaGrumpyDad

Post by GaGrumpyDad »

well where do I get the second license. The server came with it preloaded. There is no place to enter a product key
Guil

Post by Guil »

Sorry but I have very little experience with multiplayer. All I know is the licence that you use to play the game is not allowed to be used on a dedicated server at the same time as you playing.
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

When renting a dedicated server from one of the official game hosters, the DLCs should be included.
If you get licence errors, you could try restarting the server. If that doesn't work, you should contact your game hoster to resolve the issue.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Thanks for the clarification bassaddict, I know less than I thought about MP.