Dedicated server: Pleasant Valley v3.96 Farming and Production map

GIJoe597

Dedicated server: Pleasant Valley v3.96 Farming and Production map

Post by GIJoe597 »

This map always has something for you to do. My intention is to have each farm operate as it's on entity. However, we should offer and source product between farms. Building an interdependency among ourselves.
  • You must have the game on Steam!
  • I will provide a download link for all mods once we have spoken. Please use the link provided and do not update or alter any mods as it will no longer match what the server has loaded.
  • Voice chat is a must.
  • I prefer older people as I myself am in my 50's, but as long as you can play nicely I will consider you regardless of age.
  • The server is in Dallas TX.
  • I will need your Steam name/handle to contact you for voice.
  • As the server is in North America, players in this region are preferred over non NA players. However, we will consider anyone regardless of location.
A little more info about the game play and theme I am trying to create.

Here is a snippet from a document listing info/rules of the server. It is a work in progress, but this encapsulates the essence of what I am trying to accomplish.

Server Theme

My vision for the server is as a small “city”, with its own economy and interactions. I want to force us to work with each other in order to promote the inter-farm dependency/economy. The whole point of playing multiplayer is to have some interaction. We can be a solo farmer in single player. There are many fees/costs which individual farmers do not have to pay in MP games due to FS17’s bank/money mechanics. I am attempting to replicate the finance side of having to weigh every decision/purchase against your wallet. Not just the initial outlay, but also the ongoing costs.

In order to accomplish the vision, the following rules are applied to the specific farmer/player.
  • Cow owners will only be allowed to plant Grass and non straw bearing crops. Straw will need to be sourced from a fellow farmer.
  • Pig owners will be required to source a minimum of two needed crops from a fellow farmer.
  • Sheep owners must source grass from a fellow farmer.
  • The Animal Upkeep fee is paid from the ADMIN account, at some point the Admin may assess each animal owner a “tax” to cover the fee.
  • The primary income for animal owners should always be the animals. Field/factory income should be a “side” income and should not be considered your primary focus. In fact at some point, you may stop doing field work if you can sustain yourselves with animal/factory income.
  • Movement of crops/product will be accomplished either by the owner or another player contracted/hired to do so. There will be a minimum flat rate paid to hired drivers equal to 10% of product value, rounded to nearest dollar.
  • We may only mow grass on fields we own or around the immediate area of our farm/field(s). If in doubt, ask ADMIN.
  • Each individual piece of equipment has a daily maintenance cost associated with it. At some point the Admin/Logistics Manager may start assessing each farm a tax on the equipment they have. This is realistic and will help offset maintenance fees the admin has to pay for all the equipment.
  • At some point the Admin/Logistics Manager may assess a tax on Factory owners as each factory has a worker cost deducted daily from the Admin account.
  • Once factories are up and running, owners will need to source x number crops/resources from other farmers. The number will be based on how many inputs your factory requires.
  • Factories may not be upgraded until all of them are online/owned. Once a factory has been placed for auction the starting bid price will include a reasonable amount to offset the cost of building it.
All of this is subject to change as things arise. If this interests you, please be aware Pleasant Valley is not a normal map. Here are a few examples of how it is different;
  • There are about 32 industries.
  • Approx half of the factories need to be constructed prior to use.
  • There are also approx 133 added crops/products/resources to use.
  • A specialized menu system.
  • The need to pay for logging rights. If you cut trees without a license you are penalized a fee.

Positions open currently

1 Logistics Manager assistant. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76lm9wLKt24
    2 Farms available
    1 Sheep farmer
    The rules I have in place are not for everyone, I recognize and accept that. if you want to try something different, this may be for you.

Please leave a post in this thread if you have any questions.
Last edited by GIJoe597 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:58 pm, edited 30 times in total.
Steam: GIJoe597
Retiree who enjoys video games.
lukaspukas23

Re: Mutiplay server

Post by lukaspukas23 »

yeeeeee
GIJoe597

Re: Mutiplay server

Post by GIJoe597 »

I am not quite sure what to make of that.
GIJoe597

Re: Dedicated sever; Pleasant Valley v3.96 Farming and Production map

Post by GIJoe597 »

I have updated the original post.
GIJoe597

Re: Dedicated server: Pleasant Valley v3.96 Farming and Production map

Post by GIJoe597 »

Another addition to the OP and update. We have a new farmer on Johnson Farm, this gives us three farmers. I updated the "positions open" portion to reflect this.
GIJoe597

Post by GIJoe597 »

We had two more players contact us today about possibly joining. We are not sure it will work out as they are Euro and Eastern Euro located. Server is in Dallas Tx. We will give it a try and hope the connections are stable.

As of this post, we still have 3 slots available, (possibly more depending on outcome above), for new farmers. In addition, there may be a slot for a Logistics Manager Helper/Assistant. This would mainly entail working in forestry, with other tasks as required. Examples would be pick-up/delivery of crop/product outside of forestry.

See original post for more details.
Magnus.Jager

Post by Magnus.Jager »

Sent you a PM Joe.
GIJoe597

Post by GIJoe597 »

Magnus - I do not seem to have one in my inbox. Perhaps try again, please.
Magnus.Jager

Post by Magnus.Jager »

Unfortunate, I guess it didn't send, was quite lengthy, I'll PM my steam handle to you and just ask via chatting there.
GIJoe597

Post by GIJoe597 »

Update: After a few weeks out due to a failed hard drive I am up and running again. I quickly found enough players to fill the server, and we are now on day 12. Much fun being had so far. I wanted to make a post here just as I did on Steam about one day we had recently, a slice of our daily play, if you will. Unfortunately I cannot figure out a way to upload pictures from Steam over here. Instead I will link the thread. The next to the last post on the first page tells a small story and shows pictures to go along with the text.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/447020/d ... 636089982/

I update this thread because we may one day have a slot(s) open again. I will change the original post up top to reflect the current situation.
GIJoe597

Post by GIJoe597 »

Original thread updated.

We had an unfortunate accident in Pleasant Valley. One of our residents was clearing an obstruction from the Wood Chipper and fell in. To bad for him. The good news is we now have one opening.

We are looking for one very motivated individual who is not as interested in a huge bank account as they are in helping out around the valley.

This position is for a Logistics Manager assistant. Duties include, but are not limited to;
Ensuring natural resources (Coal/Stone/Ore/Salt), are delivered and stocked at appropriate factories.
Maintaning Forestry related industries/byproducts, (Cogent, Sawmills, User Glue, National Gypsum, Furniture Factory), as well as Krystal Steel plant.
Deliver/pickup from the Logistics Center to various industries/farms across the valley.

There is no salary associated with this position, you will receive a small amount of capital to help you in your daily activities. You will not be allowed to sell anything for profit. This is a slot for an individual who has a strong sense of "community" and desire to help the economy throughout the valley.

You will have a chance to move into a Farm should any existing Farmers move on. There may be other positions created in the future which you would qualify for.

See original post for other requirements.

We look forward to seeing you in Pleasant Valley!
GIJoe597

Post by GIJoe597 »

Made a correction to the original post.
GIJoe597

Post by GIJoe597 »

Very raw video showing what the Logistics Assistant job would entail. See original post for additional details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76lm9wL ... e=youtu.be
philchenevert

Post by philchenevert »

I would love to be an asst. logistic guy. Your video was most informative. I have discord and a mic if that will help. Where do I get the latest version off the map and mods needed? As an older, retired guy I would not be able to spend more than 4 hours a day hauling stuff.
GIJoe597

Post by GIJoe597 »

Hello Phil, If you would let me know your Steam handle, either here or in PM we can chat details in Discord.