Dedicated server: Pleasant Valley v3.96 Farming and Production map

GIJoe597

Re: Dedicated server: Pleasant Valley v3.96 Farming and Production map

Post by GIJoe597 »

Early this morning, a caravan of federal vehicles pulled up to one of our farms. The owner was arrested on site and taken away. Apparently he had some grudge against the government and was running a anarchist website. Additionally he had not been paying taxes.

Good news for one of our roving helpers. He has now moved into the vacant farm and started his path to a farming empire.
Steam: GIJoe597
Retiree who enjoys video games.
GIJoe597

Post by GIJoe597 »

Greetings potential farmers!

Today I am pleased to annouce we have a new opening. During the cover of darkness Farmer Red packed up and moved out of the Valley. It seems he was carrying on with the neighbors daughter. A fine lass she, but at 19, not prone to making smart decisions. I am sure there is a
"farmers daughter" joke there somewhere.

I contacted the local Realtor, and they were able to send a clean up crew out to the farm house. It is now ready for a new occupant.

Additionally, the farm comes with a field planted in grass. It is ready to mow and/or replant any of the following crops;
Crop types
  • Wheat
  • Barley
  • Canola
  • Sunflower
  • Soybean
  • Corn
  • Potatoes
  • Sugar Beet
  • Sugarcane
  • Sorghun
  • Oat
  • Rye
  • Mustard
  • Peanut
  • Millet
  • Lavender
  • Cotton
  • Hemp
  • Coffee
  • Cranberry
  • Onion
  • Carrot
  • Rice
The local Pleasant Valley Cooperative, in conjunction with the Economic Development Corporation, has offered a monetary grant to any newcomers as a way to spur growth in the Valley.

Anyone interested in moving in should see the original post for more details.
GIJoe597

Post by GIJoe597 »

Today our first Factory was auctioned off and the winning bid was $265,000. It is Blackcap Birdseed.

The below picture shows the specialized in game menu for Blackcap Birdseed. The actual factory will now need to be built.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1525063270

This factory uses Millet, Sunflower and Corn to make Birdseed. The plant is powered by Coal. The winner will enjoy delivering crops to the factory, then taking the manufactured product, Birdseed, to sell across the map.

We have positions open in the Valley. Please see original post if you are interested.
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

I love this idea, makes me wish I had a PC, hoping to upgrade to pc for fs19. Do you plan to do another similar thing with 19?
GIJoe597

Post by GIJoe597 »

I would like to. My hope is with 19 it will take all of the burden from the admin when it comes to tracking individual bank accounts. Currently using a multitude of mods and manual tracking to simulate an "actual" economy.

Typing not as a "role player" now;
The rule set is difficult for most people to adhere to. The "min/max" type seem to have the hardest time staying within the rules. Simple things like following directions when it comes to mowing grass. The min/max sees grass it mows grass. They do not care that it is grassland which does not belong to them.

Currently, I am spending about 10 hours a day as admin/farmer/logistics manager on this one game/server. It is tasking even my patience. I have tried to inject some "stories" or humor around my posts when farmers leave the server. It is my attempt to stay sane. Ha.

I made the mistake of taking in a pre-existing group of players. This is always problematic because if one leaves the rest almost always follow since they are buddies and want to play together. We are down to 3 players now on a 8 player server. I am still recruiting as evidenced by posts above, but with 19 closing in it seems very few are interested in a challenging map/server.

If all goes well, I will at some point swap over to 19. When that will be I am uncertain. I tend to wait until bugs and such have been worked out.
GIJoe597

Post by GIJoe597 »

I am broadcasting a bit of single player on Steam. If anyone would like to look at the map without downloading it, pop into the broadcast and type in chat if you have any questions.

https://steamcommunity.com/broadcast/wa ... 7999170037
Cousins

Post by Cousins »

I'd like to join your community.
GIJoe597

Post by GIJoe597 »

Cousins - please let me know your Steam name, either here in this thread or via PM directly to me. We can chat on Discord.
GIJoe597

Post by GIJoe597 »

Now is a good time to get involved.

Updated the original post.
GIJoe597

Post by GIJoe597 »

Today Evans Farm was very busy. Farmer Jo harvested approx 180K liters of Soybean, 150K liters of Millet, 200K liters of Wheat (which had a yield of 400K liters of Straw) and 120K liters of Canola.

Unfortunately, she ran out of Seed and Fertilizer while re-seeding these fields and had to place an emergency order with the Logistics Manager. He delivered, the bill was $48K for 16K seed and 16K fert. Crisis averted.

Additionally, she was able to get approx 4,500 liters of Bio-Diesel from her farms BGA. While also loading it with approx 110K liters of silage. Making your own fuel is a never ending job. Besides, the ol' farmer over at Cook Farm needs to purchase fuel from time to time. It is a decent side income.

On a side note, she is wondering if now would be a good time to upgrade the Case 7130. The 9230 seems like the natural upgrade, but that New Holland CR10.90 looks awfully good. And then there is the Lizard SX 210 Twinstar. It was fine early on, but the quantities it is being asked to move these days are taxing it. Jo has her eye on the 415 Barrelcore or perhaps step all the way up to the CRT Twinstar Duo with its 855HP!

Equipment always needs to be upgraded, but her wallet is lite. Unlike the ol' farmer over at Cook Farm, he recently purchased Blackcap Birdseed plant. He should have a full wallet soon enough.

Balancing the needs of the farm with the realities of the wallet are always challenging.

If you would like to participate, see original post. Happy farming.
GIJoe597

Post by GIJoe597 »

We have a new resident in the Valley. A new farmer has moved into Roberts Farm. We look forward to working with him.
GIJoe597

Post by GIJoe597 »

We have 3 Farmsteads available as well as positions for a Sheep and Pig Farmer. I have updated the original post.

We would like to see you in the Valley. Please see original post for more details.

I should be online (Steam) for the next several hours should anyone have questions and/or wish to chat via Discord about the positions or map.
GIJoe597

Post by GIJoe597 »

Today, The Valley had a new resident move in. He is working out of Johnson Farm. He enjoys moonlight walks, sandy beaches and the smell of manure in the morning. He will fit right in.

Do you want to participate? See original post for more details.
GIJoe597

Post by GIJoe597 »

We have openings for a Cow Farmer and a Pig Farmer. If you are interested please see original post.
GIJoe597

Post by GIJoe597 »

We still have availability for animal husbandry as well as crop farmers. Come on in, pass the time till 19 launches. This is a 4x map with many interesting things. If you prefer crop farming, by all means give us a try. If you fancy being a dairy mogul, give it a shot. Perhaps you prefer the blissfull sound of BAAA BAAA and the soft batches of wool. We have a spot for you. Raising hogs? Well then get to it.

Something not mentioned in any of the posts above? Ask me, we may have or be able to create a spot just for you.

Shy about the rules/guidlines? Let me know, we can talk about them via Discord, possibly reach a compromise.