New to multiplayer

jamesadams933

New to multiplayer

Post by jamesadams933 »

Multiplayer has never really interested me to be honest, but with the changes in fs19 it sounds like it could be fun and would like to start playing it now a bit to kinda get a handle on the whole concept before just jumping in new in November haha. however I've never played the game online, was wondering if anyone could maybe give any advice or know of a good x-box server since I've heard a lot of bad things about trolls on here.
markare

Re: New to multiplayer

Post by markare »

Multiplayer on console is a lot different than pc. There are no specific servers to choose from.
What your best doing is joining a club on xbox, get to know the members and see if there are reports about specific people to stay clear of.

If you have anyone on your friends list that plays farm sim I would advise doing multiplayer with them.

It's a bit hit and miss, you might find a game that has helpful people or you may find one that allows anyone to enter and you get people in it that don't want to do anything but mess around.

It's basically the luck of the draw on console multiplayer.

If you don't want your farm to be potentially messed up I would advise either starting a brand new save for multiplayer purposes or join a server that is showing in the mp list.

Also with mods on console it could be majorly time consuming to find exactly what mods are used on each specific game.

If you have missing mods or dlc for a multiplayer game you will see a red exlamation mark. Highlight the game you are trying to join and press Y on your controller to show missing mods etc. Then take a note of what's missing and install them. Or find another game.

Anything else you need give me a shout I will help best I can
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

Great info thanks, do you have tips for pc? I'm planning on being myself a new one built here pretty soon
markare

Post by markare »

Pretty much the same thing. Difference with pc though is the amount of mods available could be a nightmare to find/share. I would reccomend signing up for a sharing site that you can use for making all mods in your game available if your planning to do game hosting, but yep pretty much same as console. Keep who plays on your map at people you know/trust, check different sources for people complaining about troll users, if you are the host play the game exactly how you want it. Don't give in to people demanding equipment, if you need something g buy it. If not don't, this is a good way for trolls to ruin things, same with your settings if your comfortable with people selling thi gs allow it if not keep it turned off, same with buying and free setting, remember if you reset a trailer or a harvester with crop in it you lose the crop, imagine running a road train of BSM trailers jam packed with crops, then some one resets the trailers, all that money has vanished for good, no getting it back. Bottom line I guess is be careful and keep a close eye on users and settings. Majority of people in fs mp that I have joined/allowed in games seem to be decent enough, like 95% of the time. You will always find that one that ruins it for others though, save often but check things before saving, if a troll messes around and you take a while to save you've lost a lot of potential hard work to have to quit without saving so things aren't messed up too much, i would advise against auto save though as that can be problematic for troll users getting away with their mess.
Xb1
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

The losing crops on reset has got me before, running a train of 7 of the bsm trailers full of canola, but a turn wrong and splash
markare

Post by markare »

Sadly I can relate, although wasn't quite as many trailers but took a LONG time to harvest it all just to lose it, I almost cried
Xb1
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

It definitely taught me a lesson about saving often as I hadn't saved sine before i started harvesting, several hours before lol