server log error help!!

jhobs8305

server log error help!!

Post by jhobs8305 »

Hi, I'm new to the forum and i'm rather... computer inexperienced. My buddy and I decided that we wanted to rent a dedicated server to play online. I'm about 20 youtube videos deep and been reading several forums on how to set it up. I keep having a server log error when trying to start the server. it reads
[07/Aug/2018:00:18:10] Login master user
[07/Aug/2018:00:18:18] Error: Unable to activate map mod ''
[07/Aug/2018:00:18:20] Login master user
[07/Aug/2018:00:18:28] Login master user
[07/Aug/2018:00:18:36] Login master user
[07/Aug/2018:00:18:44] Login master user
[07/Aug/2018:00:18:52] Login master user

Has anyone got a fix to this? if it helps, the map I'm using is Mills County Map that is found on Modhub and American Eagle. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Magnus.Jager

Re: server log error help!!

Post by Magnus.Jager »

Who is your hosting provider? Do you have the dedicated Farming Simulator web interface? If so, please walk me through how it is you are adding the map to your server? Lastly, sometimes a misplaced file can make it look like the mod is incompatible with FS17. Several possibilities, so if you can provide further details, I, or others, may be able to give you a better answer.
jhobs8305

Post by jhobs8305 »

THe hosting provider is G-portal. I am unsure what you are referring to as a web interface. can you explain?
here are the steps:

I created a new savegame with the map and mods that i wanted.
I sent the whole savegame file to a .zip file in order to upload it on the server page where i set the game up at.
Next, I chose that savegame on the setup page, along with save intervals and set login credentials.
I hit the save button then the start button,
Then the error displays in the log file.
jhobs8305

Post by jhobs8305 »

I should also mention that I have tried 2 other maps, even one that came off the Giants tested page. same problem.
Magnus.Jager

Post by Magnus.Jager »

In general there is a actual web interface for the game, and it looks like GPortal is on the list of places that have it.

This is what it should look like. It's generally a Separate login from the login you use to get onto your host (G-Portal in your case.). Let me know if you're seeing this. Also, if you have Steam you can PM me your handle and I can contact you directly.

jhobs8305

Post by jhobs8305 »

yes, I am seeing that. this is the screen I was referring to when I was talking about the "setup page"
jhobs8305

Post by jhobs8305 »

Also, I dohave a steam for a few other games. I'll be off of work soon to see if I can get that going too.
Magnus.Jager

Post by Magnus.Jager »

Ok.

In general you don't load a savegame, you in general will do the following.

1.) Stop the server from the homepage.

2.) Go to the "Mods" page.

3.) Either select the "download" (Down Arrow) button next to the mods that you want (This is for any mods that are on the official ModHub.) If your mods aren't listed, you'll want to upload the Zipfile that you download for each mod using the uploader at the bottom, one file at a time. Be patient, the map if you upload will take a couple minutes, but usually the % of the upload is displayed on the bottom of your browser.

4.) Once you have all the mods you want "installed", then go back to the homepage.

5.) Once back at the homepage, you'll then want to go down, and "activate" all the mods you have "installed" by click on the tick box next to each then hitting the green activation button.

6.) Lastly, since this is a new server, go up to the top setup section. Set up all your options, and then select an EMPTY savegame slot, as well as the MAP you want (If you've uploaded the mod map properly, it will show in the map dropdown list.

7.) Hit the start button.

This is how it SHOULD function if all is working properly. Let me know if this is what you were/are doing, or if this solves your issue. If it doesn't, just PM me with your steam when you're home and I'll try to troubleshoot with you.
jhobs8305

Post by jhobs8305 »

I sent you a PM. I just now sat down to work on it.
Magnus.Jager

Post by Magnus.Jager »

Did you get things working? I tried the steam handle you sent but found no matches. Left you mine just in case.
Trukfitlamb

Post by Trukfitlamb »

im having the same problem . im using gameservers.com and the mod download list is ridiculous. i have 285 mods on my save game. all it gives me the option of is uploading my map which i did "iowa plains view". it shows a list tof every mod hub mob to download but theres no way i can sit there and hand pick 285 mods when there isnt even pictures to refer to. so basically im out of my 3 months in advance i paid for the dedicated server. i tried to load a regular map and its fine , i know its because i dont have the mods "installed" on the server page for farm sim but why cant i download them all at once like people do when joining a server?. i dont get how anyone is supposed to get this to work aside from painstakingly trying to decipher what 285 mods i need from a list of words with no pictures. me and my friends really enjoy this game. i paid 40$ just to get this on pc after running it nonstop burnt up my ps5 last week. installed windows 10 because i wass still on 8, paid for a dedi server just to get here. pls help if i cant get this to work then me and all my friends are done. im the most tech savvy of us and i cant figure this **** out.
Trukfitlamb

Post by Trukfitlamb »

and i just noticed it says i only am allowed 4gbs of mods on the site? how is this possible when i already have over 5 gbs on ps5? and it says includes save games? no way pc allows less than ps5 im so confused this is ridiculous just to play a game w friends