buying fields in MP

tvale80

buying fields in MP

Post by tvale80 »

Hello,

I am having issues with buying fields in MP, i have full settings on server to buy fields, i cannot purchase the field. There is no players section in farms.xml. Any ideas?
Richard-023

Re: buying fields in MP

Post by Richard-023 »

How do you mean you can not buy fields, does it not work or do you not know how to buy fields? If you want to buy a piece of land you open the map and then press ''X'' on your keyboard there you can choose witch piece of land you want to purchase.
Richard - NLD Farmers
tvale80

Post by tvale80 »

I’ve tried that, nothing happens game acts as if I didn’t attempt to purchase field.
Richard-023

Post by Richard-023 »

Oke, do you have the latest patch? On steam the new patch has just released it will be online soon on the website of giants for the cd version. If you have the new patch please paste your log.xml to see if there are no problems.
Richard - NLD Farmers
ihuntinde

Post by ihuntinde »

So, 2 things:

1. Make sure you are the Farm Manager for your farm. If you are then I can't really help you. As Farm manager/Admin, I had to promote my son to Farm Manager in order to buy property.

2. You don't change farm ownership in farms.xml. It's in Farmland.xml. You change the farmId value to the value of the farm from the farms.xml.

Hope that helps.
tvale80

Post by tvale80 »

i am a farm manager, thats why the admin of the server i play on and myself cant figure this issue out.
ihuntinde

Post by ihuntinde »

Hmm.. Yea I am not sure then. I just got done playing with my 2 son's for 4 hours or so. We were all able to buy and sell land for our individual farms. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.