Multiplayer connection issues

Kvetha Fricai

Multiplayer connection issues

Post by Kvetha Fricai »

Hi everyone! I am trying to connect players to my game, and I have no issue with players outside my home connecting. I have problems connecting between myself and my son on two PC's in the same home. I am connected directly to the cable modem/router, he connects via WIFI. We can both connect to a third party outside our home, but I cannot connect to him, nor he to me. We both have the Steam version of the game. Looking for answers as we would like to have my PC host (best computer of the group) and the others connect to me. Only my son who is on the same modem cannot connect. Thanks in advance for any assistance in this.
Supersam

Re: Multiplayer connection issues

Post by Supersam »

Are you game sharing by any chance? I know alot of games that do not allow you to play at the same time due to game sharing or some games will let you play but not together. So if you are game sharing that could be your problem.
Kvetha Fricai

Re: Multiplayer connection issues

Post by Kvetha Fricai »

No, we are not game sharing. I have my copy, my son has his own copy. I can connect to anyone except him, he can connect to anyone except me. The only thing is, we are on the same modem, me hard wired, him via wifi.