COOP PLAY

Poppyfarmaston

COOP PLAY

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

I stopped playing Farm Simulator 2017 because my friend and I could not be equal partners in the farm.

Does Farm Simulator 2019 allow friends to be equal partners in a farm where the money earned goes into the same kitty into the same farm where both parties can purchase without relying on the other party to log in?

In order for us to have a truly cooperative experience, we wish to own the same farm where we can both utilize the moneys earns and also where all moneys eared goes back into the same fund.

We don't want to have different farms. No does either of us want to be a mere laborer for the other. We both want to be equal partners with the same rights ... and we also want to do it where we both don't have to be logged in. YET ... when we do log back in ... we want to see that all the work we did, actually went into the farms kitty and that we can purchase without having to rely on the other. All under the name of the same farm.

We could not do it in Farm Simulator 2017 so stopped playing.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Re: COOP PLAY

Post by Stegei »

FS19 now has persistent accounts in multiplayer. So we you login again, you will have exactly the same settings again as before. Also you can make your friend a manager in your farm, so he has the same controls as you.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

are you on consoles? Because if you are there are no servers, so the owner of the map will have to be logged in for you both to play
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

Stegei wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:20 am FS19 now has persistent accounts in multiplayer. So we you login again, you will have exactly the same settings again as before. Also you can make your friend a manager in your farm, so he has the same controls as you.
Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

As well as a manager having the same controls as me, how is the money controlled? Is everything exactly the same.

I take it when you say a manager has the same controls as me, can I also assume they do not need any permissions whatsoever?

So once a manager, a persistence account does not require both parties to be present.

Is this the same on FS2017?

Thx again for your reply.
Last edited by Poppyfarmaston on Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

redglasses wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:12 pm are you on consoles? Because if you are there are no servers, so the owner of the map will have to be logged in for you both to play
We play on PCs using a Steam Account.

We will have to additionally pay for a server? As in regularly having to spend more $$$ to play multiplayer?
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Yes, if you want a dedicated server. You’ll have to pay, idk what the rates are tho
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

What function does the inbuilt MP serve?

Does it reset farm progress once you log out then back in again?

If not ... I see no need for dedicated server.
Emmiran

Post by Emmiran »

I believe in the built in MP the original 'farm owner' must be present for the farm to be available. A dedicated server runs 24/7 with the settings you choose and people with access can come and go as they need to.
Stay at home Dad, turned terrible streamer :)

https://www.twitch.tv/emmiran