multiplayer help (pc/imac)

Dave-The Shires

multiplayer help (pc/imac)

Post by Dave-The Shires »

im playing multiplayer with a friend, works ok with some mods but not others. im wondering if something to do with the mods on the imac, as I use pc.
Any Imac users out there interested in trying to join my server , to see if they have mod issues too.
michaelr

Re: multiplayer help (pc/imac)

Post by michaelr »

When you say some mods, but not others, my guess is that it works with modhub mods?

If you manually download mods from websites you need to make sure that you move the exact zip file to the mods directory. This is particularly relevant for Mac users since the web browser (Safari) extracts downloaded zip files by default, so you end up with a folder of the mod. Placing this folder in the mods directory will still work for single player, but not for multiplayer since that compares the actual zip files between the client and server.

If Safari is used to download mods on the Mac choose Safari > Preferences, then click General and turn off: Open “safe” files after downloading

Turning this off will leave the zip files intact when downloading mods from websites.
Dave-The Shires

ok thanks, will give that a try
although all our mods are off modhub I think.
seasons is one , I can join his or my server with seasons added , but the imac cant join either
michaelr

Post by michaelr »

Strange, if all mods are from modhub in game (and updated to newest version) it should work. Make sure the game itself is the newest version too.

How far does the iMac get when trying to join?

It might be helpful if you can post the log file from the iMac.
Dave-The Shires

thanks again michaelr

we deleted some mods from the imac and downloaded again, seems to work now
michaelr

Post by michaelr »

You’re welcome. I’m glad you got it working :hi:

I imagine a lot of Mac users have mods as folders in their game because of that default setting in Safari.