Linux server hosting questions.

lorentedford

Linux server hosting questions.

Post by lorentedford »

Greetings I am probably going to mess a few things up here but I thought I would try and host Farming Simulator 17 server again on one of my other VM's.. So.. I gave this VM 12 threads with 16 gigs of ram on a SSd. Everthing I think went fine till I got to the point I can't remember what was suppose to run for the Server side software and if it was web based or not and what ports i need to open up..

Here is an example shell script i use for other projects but I can't seem to find much on this topic only users wanting to play farming sim on there linux device.

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
#killall 9 screen
#killall 9 ConanSandboxServer.exe
#killall 9 ConanSandboxServer-Win64-Test.exe
#killall 9 Xvfb
chmod 777 -R /home/loren/*
chown loren:loren -R /home/loren/*
steamcmd +@sSteamCmdForcePlatformType windows +login Username Password +force_install_dir /home/loren/server2 +app_update 447020 +exit
/usr/bin/screen -d -m xvfb-run --auto-servernum --server-args='-screen 0 640x480x24:32' wine /home/loren/server2/dedicatedServer.exe

Any thoughts can anyone guide me to a server only tutorial even if it is for windows since i run my stuff in wine anyway?

Side note I found out wine needs to be installed along side this package.
sudo apt-get install winbind
sudo apt install openjdk-11-jdk

Here is what console looks like after the two above packages have been installed..

Not sure what the other packages are that are throwing errors.. Is there command options that you can make like command arguments at the end of launching the server?
lorentedford

Re: Linux server hosting questions.

Post by lorentedford »

Wow I can't believe no one has ever done this or wants to comment on command line arguments for server start up.