Dedicated server rental not working with Epic 1.5.2.1

TheDominikCZ

Re: Dedicated server rental not working with Epic 1.5.2.1

Post by TheDominikCZ »

hey i have same problem i brought server today and i cant see my server when i see that i cant join etc. and dont tell me i spend money for nothing.
Alwaez

Post by Alwaez »

Good morning,
People really do server rental servers work, just list your server will be gray find your server and try to connect to it works for me.
RomanEE

Post by RomanEE »

Alwaez, can you explain exactly how you made it to work? Doesnt work for me, how to fix?
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

@Alwaez if the server is greyed out, it probably is because one of your filters is wrong. Maybe you set "No password" to "On"? Clicking on the server details and then starting of course still works, because there's not filtering on the details page.

@RomanEE did you enable any dlcs or mods on the dedicated server that you don't own / downloaded on your client?
RomanEE

Post by RomanEE »

@Stegei Well, I downloaded all the mods my self, uploaded to server, its a problem all about game's version I think, will be trying to fix when I get home
hjvg

Post by hjvg »

Stegei wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am @Alwaez if the server is greyed out, it probably is because one of your filters is wrong. Maybe you set "No password" to "On"? Clicking on the server details and then starting of course still works, because there's not filtering on the details page.
@stegei they greyed out because farming/Giants dont got there things working right when the server are giving the problems filters dont work anymore so from about 17:00 gmt+1 till around 21:00 gmt+1 filters dont work because the servers are not working as they should.

i never change my filters and i got execlty the same thing almost all servers are greyed out (if you already be able to find servers) and when i try at this time filters work like expected.

but it start to feel like you guys dont want to admit there are problems because so many people got a free copy and the people that did pay for there game are now almost unable to enjoy there game.

i host my own server from day 1 of the release of fs19. i never needed to reboot as much as i have to now i am Lucky if people can join in the busy hours have to reboot te server every hour or somting because people are unable to find the server again. after a reboot its find able for about 30 mins i think then its knoked out of the list again

edit and i talked with others that hosting a server as well they speak about the exacly the same isseu needing to reboot te server verry much to get it showed in the list again
Taiga

Post by Taiga »

I can connect to my server until the point it shows me synchronization with other players, I waited 5min...30min...3h and NOTHING.I have this problem from yesterday, any ideas how to fix it? *thumbsdown*
Alwaez

Post by Alwaez »

RomanEE wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:17 am Alwaez, can you explain exactly how you made it to work? Doesnt work for me, how to fix?
RomanEE just, find your server in the server list it will be gray you will be able to connect to it, if you cannot connect then restart your server.
aklein

Post by aklein »

Ok Lets get to the heart of this issue with some facts.

This morning I installed FS19 EPIC version on my system. I then connected with OUT issue to one of the four MP servers we run in my discord. That server is running 1.5.1.0 and the EPIC version we have all established is 1.5.2.1.

There are NO problems with the FREE EPIC version connecting to 1.5.1 rented or private run dedicated servers. As with any FS19 game to connect to multiplayer you must have all the mods enabled on the server including DLC.

Lets walk through the entire process of connecting to a MP server.

You launch the game and click Multiplayer then you click Join Game. At that point you work through your player name screen and will come to a screen where you pick the matchmaking server. There used to be just a few to pick from like International, Central Europe, German 1 and Germany 2 or something like that. Since last Thursday I have seen the addition of a second, third and now fourth International listing. I don't pay much attention to the rest of the matchmaking entries.

If you never get to this matchmaking list the issue is NOT with your server the issue is that Giants matchmaking network is down. Likely to expand it even more or maybe maintenance or something else. It seems the Epic version has been rather popular and it seems that maybe no one anticipated the load that would put on the multiplayer network in general.

ALL multiplayer games route through this matchmaking network so if the match making servers are not up the dedicated servers and hosted MP sessions can not register with the servers. When a dedicated server or hosted MP session is setup the admin picks the matchmaking server they wish to register with. This is the same server the player must select at the matchmaking server list else they wont see the server. If the matchmaking server goes offline or the dedicated server looses internet connectivity to the matchmaking server the dedicated server must be restarted when the network comes back online or it will not be listed.

Once a player picks the correct matchmaking server they will see a list of all registered MP sessions on that server. There are filters on the right that you can use to narrow down the list and bring to the top the servers that match that sort. For me I always sort based on the first few letters of the server name and leave everything else as open as possible. IE set to ALL or what ever the choice is that would be least restrictive.

If you see a lock next to the server listing then you are being told you do not have all the mods needed to connect to the server or the mods are of a different version than whats on the server. You must resolve this discrepancy before connecting. To do this you must close the game to add mods to the mod folder and start over.

If you do not see the lock then your free to proceed to select the server, enter the password if one exists and then connect.

If your not able to connect then there is a different issue. There is NO problem in connecting to a 1.5.1 Dedicated MP server from the EPIC version. I did it with out hassle earlier today.

As to the comment related to bad timing of Giants releasing FS19 free on EPIC close to a weekend. Thats not Giants picking the date thats EPIC who has been giving away free games starting on Thursday for well over a year now. I have 75+ games in my EPIC library that I have spent a grand total of $0.00 on as they are all free. Just show up Thursday afternoon and grab your free game(s) of the week.

The only thing Giants can be held accountable for is not anticipating the demand that having the game free from EPIC would do to multiplayer demand and thus having to play catch up to build out additional matchmaking servers for each zone which they have done at least three different times over the last 4 days which includes OVER THE WEEKEND. Has it made accessing MP servers a bit problematic? Yes. Can it be frustrating? Yes. But if this is the worst thing you have to complain about then good on you. I personally have a ton more going on in my life that is far more important than the occasional drop of the matchmaking network.

Keep up the GOOD work Giants.
RomanEE

Post by RomanEE »

Read it what you wrote, well nothing works. You can say whatever you want, but I myself see that "No connection could be established" message and cant fix it. Which provider you use for renting host? I use verygames. If you it's not Giants fault,then its verygames' responsibility. I'm just so lost rn. Sent support tickets ,but they are queit. Also no disclaimers before renting host that it wont work :D

Connected to server where both steam clients and Epic games clients played. I bet it's verygames fault :(((
Magnus.Jager

Post by Magnus.Jager »

Just to drop in my .02 as someone who runs 20+ MP servers 24/7. Giants has had a matchmaking issue due to the matchmaking load and at times it worked for one client, at times for another client, and at times for neither. The response and influx in playerbase from the Epic games giveaway was bigger than expected. We had about 48 hours of sporadic issues, but has been smooth sailing since. I can agree many times there are player issues, but it should be noted that there were indeed issues with the launch.

Likewise, if you're running server software with the Epic version of the game, Steam clients will have issues connecting sporadically, but not vice versa.

Note: I didn't take the time to read this entire thread just wanted to give some insight from someone who works with dozens of servers daily.

P.S.

Anyone having issues, feel free to DM me I will try to sort you out... but be sure to include your provider, the version running on your server, do you have any mods, what matchmaking server do you have it set to, and what version of your player client do you have.
dgrice00@gmail.com

Post by dgrice00@gmail.com »

Stegei wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:08 pm 1.5.2.1 is identical to 1.5.1.0, except for the changes that were made specifically for the Epic store version. If it does not work with a dedicated rental server, it must be an other issue.

What does "not work" mean?
when i try getting onto the server itself to say look at mods i can not even get access to it. ive asked very games about it and they got a a msg in big red box stating this

There are currently disruptions to the listing of servers by the game. You can also check FS19 forum to be aware of the issue : viewtopic.php?f=894&t=158228 Please do not overload the support. Regards

now can someone tell me what in the tar hootie is going on.
dgrice00@gmail.com

maccnh wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:10 am
Stegei wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:08 pm 1.5.2.1 is identical to 1.5.1.0, except for the changes that were made specifically for the Epic store version. If it does not work with a dedicated rental server, it must be an other issue.

What does "not work" mean?
Maybe you should get a hold of veryGames and see what is up. As us paid customers for the game and Servers that have been here for years paying for the game. Sorry not very happy to come on and find out I can not play with my Friends. Us old guys 59 here and our Friday night.
i agree i got a server and play with friends on fs get on my server n couldnt even get into the server to look at mods nor upload new mods. now my server is running says online but i cant get to it wonder is giants goin to reimburse me for the time my server is running n im not able to get on there cause of something they did.
dgrice00@gmail.com

aklein wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:02 pm Ok Lets get to the heart of this issue with some facts.

This morning I installed FS19 EPIC version on my system. I then connected with OUT issue to one of the four MP servers we run in my discord. That server is running 1.5.1.0 and the EPIC version we have all established is 1.5.2.1.

There are NO problems with the FREE EPIC version connecting to 1.5.1 rented or private run dedicated servers. As with any FS19 game to connect to multiplayer you must have all the mods enabled on the server including DLC.

Lets walk through the entire process of connecting to a MP server.

You launch the game and click Multiplayer then you click Join Game. At that point you work through your player name screen and will come to a screen where you pick the matchmaking server. There used to be just a few to pick from like International, Central Europe, German 1 and Germany 2 or something like that. Since last Thursday I have seen the addition of a second, third and now fourth International listing. I don't pay much attention to the rest of the matchmaking entries.

If you never get to this matchmaking list the issue is NOT with your server the issue is that Giants matchmaking network is down. Likely to expand it even more or maybe maintenance or something else. It seems the Epic version has been rather popular and it seems that maybe no one anticipated the load that would put on the multiplayer network in general.

ALL multiplayer games route through this matchmaking network so if the match making servers are not up the dedicated servers and hosted MP sessions can not register with the servers. When a dedicated server or hosted MP session is setup the admin picks the matchmaking server they wish to register with. This is the same server the player must select at the matchmaking server list else they wont see the server. If the matchmaking server goes offline or the dedicated server looses internet connectivity to the matchmaking server the dedicated server must be restarted when the network comes back online or it will not be listed.

Once a player picks the correct matchmaking server they will see a list of all registered MP sessions on that server. There are filters on the right that you can use to narrow down the list and bring to the top the servers that match that sort. For me I always sort based on the first few letters of the server name and leave everything else as open as possible. IE set to ALL or what ever the choice is that would be least restrictive.

If you see a lock next to the server listing then you are being told you do not have all the mods needed to connect to the server or the mods are of a different version than whats on the server. You must resolve this discrepancy before connecting. To do this you must close the game to add mods to the mod folder and start over.

If you do not see the lock then your free to proceed to select the server, enter the password if one exists and then connect.

If your not able to connect then there is a different issue. There is NO problem in connecting to a 1.5.1 Dedicated MP server from the EPIC version. I did it with out hassle earlier today.

As to the comment related to bad timing of Giants releasing FS19 free on EPIC close to a weekend. Thats not Giants picking the date thats EPIC who has been giving away free games starting on Thursday for well over a year now. I have 75+ games in my EPIC library that I have spent a grand total of $0.00 on as they are all free. Just show up Thursday afternoon and grab your free game(s) of the week.

The only thing Giants can be held accountable for is not anticipating the demand that having the game free from EPIC would do to multiplayer demand and thus having to play catch up to build out additional matchmaking servers for each zone which they have done at least three different times over the last 4 days which includes OVER THE WEEKEND. Has it made accessing MP servers a bit problematic? Yes. Can it be frustrating? Yes. But if this is the worst thing you have to complain about then good on you. I personally have a ton more going on in my life that is far more important than the occasional drop of the matchmaking network.

Keep up the GOOD work Giants.

sry bud what your on but let me tell you is if i was able to get onto my server i am pretty darn sure i would be able to get on the server itself (since im the one paying for it) and add a mod or change out mods but i cant do none of that very games states this
There are currently disruptions to the listing of servers by the game. You can also check FS19 forum to be aware of the issue : viewtopic.php?f=894&t=158228 Please do not overload the support. Regards
now tell me how there isnt anything wrong with the anything on giants side. keep up the taking what you taking n brown nosing it wont get you far.
RomanEE

Post by RomanEE »

well, verygames says its Giant's fault :neutralnew:
OKAY, THIS IS SERIOUS. My friend can just easily connect to server,while I can't . WTF??? TO MY OWN SERVER THAT I PAID MONEY TO