No Animal Dialog Triggers on Map Built In Animal Pens

dplmartin

No Animal Dialog Triggers on Map Built In Animal Pens

Post by dplmartin »

I'm playing on Greenwich Valley (on PC) and I own Farm ID 2. I've purchased the cow farm but the option to open the Animal Dialog (R) does not appear at the trigger by the gate.

I discovered this thread that explained why. I'm trying to resolve the problem and this thread didn't.
viewtopic.php?t=154068

I edited defaultitems.xml so that the cow husbandry was for farm id 2 and restarted the server. It made no difference.

Code: Select all

<item className="AnimalHusbandry" filename="$mapdir$/maps/placeables/cow/husbandryCowLarge.xml" position="0 0 0" rotation="0 0 0" farmId="2"/>
Digging around, I found the \savegame1 folder and items.xml. I tried changing the farm id in there and restarting the server and game. Again, no difference. I know it has an impact because in career mode, if you change this to something other than 1, the animal icon on the map disappears.

<item className="AnimalHusbandry" id="128" modName="FS19_Greenwich" filename="$moddir$FS19_Greenwich/maps/placeables/cow/husbandryCowLarge.xml" position="0.0000 0.0000 0.0000" rotation="0.0000 0.0000 0.0000" age="0" price="300000.000000" farmId="2" boughtWithFarmland="false" globalProductionFactor="0.000000">
Has anyone successfully changed the farm ownership on built in animal pens on multiplayer maps? There must be something I'm missing. I know I can buy a placeable (I have a smaller cow pen already) but I was wanting to use the farmyard as intended.
dplmartin

Re: No Animal Dialog Triggers on Map Built In Animal Pens

Post by dplmartin »

I had a response from the map author Greenbale, who was helpful and resolved the issue. If you have the same problem, here's what to do. You shouldn't need to touch the map mod itself.
  • Buy the land with the animal pen on it
  • Login as Admin in the game and save the game
  • Quit the game and FS19
  • Stop the Dedicated Server
  • Access FS19 folders on the server and go to the \savegame folder you're using, e.g. \savegame1
  • Edit items.xml and search for the animal pen that you want your farm to own. Look for farmID and change it to the ID of the farm you own; 2,3,4, etc, They seem numbered in the same order as the farms listed in the game. Don't change the first ID field.

<item className="AnimalHusbandry" id="45" modName="FS19_Greenwich" filename="$moddir$FS19_Greenwich/maps/placeables/cow/husbandryCowLarge.xml" position="0.0000 0.0000 0.0000" rotation="0.0000 0.0000 0.0000" age="0" price="300000.000000" farmId="2" boughtWithFarmland="false" globalProductionFactor="0.000000">
  • Restart the Dedicated Server
  • Start FS19 and join the multiplayer game
That's it. Go to the animal pen and the trigger should work.
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

@dplmartin

I may be wrong here, but I think possibly the problem lies in the originally programmed xml line you quoted ...

The value

boughtWithFarmland="false"
should maybe be

boughtWithFarmland="true"
then you wouldn't have to change the IDs at all.

Maybe someone with more knowledge of xml and/or the FS coding could chime in on this?
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
Theotherbud

Post by Theotherbud »

Hello just so you know changing false to true dose not work. all so turn off autosave and do not save the game when you are trying to set the id's too the farms you want them set too as this changes the id's and you will have to start over like me as some maps have many animal pens and even more id's. hope this help someone too not make the same mistake as me.