Full Dedi Server with Lag?

BPMGaming

Full Dedi Server with Lag?

Post by BPMGaming »

We got tired of renting game servers so my crew and I rented a Powerful 16Core 128Gb Ram Dedicated server and put FS19 on it, we are finding we have lag on the yukon, or any map. anyone more familiar with dedicated servers and running fs19, ? Just trying to troubleshoot this lag as we shouldnt have any with 128gb Ram.
enigmqtik

Re: Full Dedi Server with Lag?

Post by enigmqtik »

Hi,
Don't know how you ended with this one.

But what I saw setting up my dedicated, is whatever you have as hardware, the server itself will run on 2 threads, and I did not find any settings to allocate more than 2 threads.
So what I think is the limitation, and the reason why there's lag even on powerfull hardware is those 2 threads setup.
A big amount of ram will benefit for running multiple mods, but I guess we need the ability to allocate more threads ressources.

As a big forestry player, I saw performance reduction when there were way too much stuff laying around (aka big piles of wood almost everywhere). The more objects interacting (physics related) together, the more cpu power you'll need to calculate those physics. Power limited to those 2 threads. When they are saturared, lag incoming.
Pretty easy to reproduce, for exemple I played Eledan map, with fillmasstype, and some fdr machines, pretty heavy on the physics side. The moment I had too much wood piles, all machines/cranes movement started to slow down. Until you get rid of all the piles, performance will go better.
When I'm bored logging, I come back to more traditionnal field work, and I like to play with bales. Same server, made like 350 bales (hay, straw, grass), the way you will stack them will impact server performance.
The more clean stack the better performance.
More infos, got more than 250mods running on the server, and savegame still running after 650hours.
own server spec: i7 3770k @4.6Ghz, 16GB ddr3 2133MHz, ssd 840pro samsung.

Don't know if it can be helpfull but here you go !

Cheers !
AMD R9 5900x (@4.9GHz) + NHD15, 32GB DDR4 G.SKill Ripjaws 3600 CL16, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3070 OC, nVme 980Pro 1To, Seasonic 850Gold in a Corsair 900D.
T500RS, CSPV3, TH8A +SKRS Shifter, 2x T16000M.FCS, DelanClip IR tracker, SimDashBoard, Sony Bravia 42"