Will FS22 cross play require a dedicated server?

Mystic

Will FS22 cross play require a dedicated server?

Post by Mystic »

I’m interested in potentially doing FS22 crossplay between my PC and a friend who will be on PS4. But I’ve not done PC multiplayer before in any version of FS and am unclear as to how it works. Specifically, does one have to run a separate server in order to do this (which seems to be very common here), or can I just host the game on the machine I’m playing on, and have my friend join that? And if the latter, do we have reason to believe the same will work for crossplay on FS22 as well, or is crossplay likely to require a separate, dedicated server?
don_apple

Re: Will FS22 cross play require a dedicated server?

Post by don_apple »

According to the FAQ that was posted by GIANTS a while ago about cross play it sounds like a dedicated server won't be required, but it will also be possible to host multiplayer games directly on Windows/Mac or the consoles for cross play:
If the server host is hosting from a PC, up to 16 players are possible, including players on consoles. If using a game console to host the server, up to 6 players are possible, in total.

When playing on a dedicated server hosted by Nitrado, other server providers, or even self-hosted dedicated servers, up to 16 players are possible, regardless of the players' systems.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
bogeyfam

Post by bogeyfam »

I can't seem to get my PC multiplayer game to be visible to PS4 or with PS4 as the server either. Is anyone able to do this without using a paid dedicated server?
evilek91

Post by evilek91 »

hello I play with a friend on a dedicated server. he ps4 i me pc. and ps4 the server does not see the active dlc it has
fredlegras

Post by fredlegras »

evilek91 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:06 am hello I play with a friend on a dedicated server. he ps4 i me pc. and ps4 the server does not see the active dlc it has
How di you join your friend on ps4 i dont understand im on pc and i cant join my friend on ps4
Footie

Post by Footie »

When playing multiplayer with friends does the host have to be on or can any of the members get on and access it anytime?