Seriously? Multiplayer Down 3 days in a Row

majwalrus

Seriously? Multiplayer Down 3 days in a Row

Post by majwalrus »

Come on guys, we expect hiccups but you can surely predict there will be increased demand around release day, and also between various hours.

At the moment your (or steams) matchmaking servers are causing major issues. We don't even have any manual workarounds such as a direct ip connection option. We essentially have a service that you give the "helpful" advice of "try again later when we are less busy". That is neither helpful nor conducive to instilling a great deal of confidence in you are actually attempting to fix the issues.

To top this off we seem to have silence from yourselves with very little attempt to communicate to players and customers what the issues are and how you are trying to fix them.
lahey

Re: Seriously? Multiplayer Down 3 days in a Row

Post by lahey »

totally agree. Why do we have to rely on online servers.
Let us have direct connect and proper dedicated server that don't need internet connection.

You should have seen this coming, and scaling should not be an issue.
FYS!
Heriophant

Post by Heriophant »

I would prefer if there was some communication or at least a sticky in what the issue is, I have friends with limited play time per day and not being able to do anything or having to play single player for an hour while waiting for servers is a joke and not a funny one.
renzekuken

Post by renzekuken »

Yes very poor show and disrespectful not giving some indication of what is going on. most people want to play in the evenings so surely Giants/ Steam would realise this and make more servers available. Myself , 3 friends and dedicated server and and not got to all get online together because of the issues.
Come on Giants, be upfront and tell us what is going on, after all, we the customer line your pockets and expect to be able to use the product you have sold us when we want not when you can muster up enough server space.
majwalrus

Post by majwalrus »

... make that 4 days. Sigh.
HeuF

Post by HeuF »

Saturday and Sunday there was no problem, but on the release day monday it *censored* and tuesday and wednesday and thursday and ....
Vendaar

Post by Vendaar »

it really is a joke.
gummerblommmer

Post by gummerblommmer »

its still down lol
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

I'm not aware of any multiplayer server issues right know. What issues do you have exactly? What client and host platform?
gummerblommmer

Post by gummerblommmer »

Stegei wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:10 pm I'm not aware of any multiplayer server issues right know. What issues do you have exactly? What client and host platform?
Hello Stegei. Most of the players worldwide are experiencing huge problems with multiplayer sessions of FS22. Talking for myself, I get this error every time I connect to a server, I am using Steam version.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1248130/ ... 1649809336
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1248130/ ... 144153721/
viewtopic.php?f=964&t=182726
viewtopic.php?f=964&t=182734

Those are just some of the multiplayer bugs, that are going around. Online function doesn't work for lots of people.
majwalrus

Post by majwalrus »

To be fair I just checked my machine at home by VNC and it can connect at the moment, but it has been about now every day this week the matching services went down and only recovered at around 2200 GMT.
dirt-dragon

Post by dirt-dragon »

Still not working..... Very poor. :!:
Fluffy_Vizier

Post by Fluffy_Vizier »

Stegei wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:10 pm I'm not aware of any multiplayer server issues right know. What issues do you have exactly? What client and host platform?
It's just as down as it has been on the same time every day since release. It's really frustrating, I'm paying for a server I can't use..
majwalrus

Post by majwalrus »

... and its down again at the peak time of usage. Totally predictable and it seems their solution is for it to "just blow over" going by previous days.
FarmerLucky

Post by FarmerLucky »

Via Steam it is impossible to join any multiplayer servers and this happens the 5th day in a row every evening since release day.