Can we get a option to "directly" connect to our servers!

toetje585

Can we get a option to "directly" connect to our servers!

Post by toetje585 »

I bought the game 3 times + 1 for my own server hosted at Hetzner and I cannot connect to my own server because you guys have a relay server in place. Please let us connect to our own servers using dev console or something.

So: Can we get a option to "directly" connect to our servers!

Best Regards,

Toetje585
majwalrus

Re: Can we get a option to "directly" connect to our servers!

Post by majwalrus »

^^ this please

at the moment we can't play in the timezone we want to (1800-2300 GMT) because of these stupid issues with the match making servers.
u2020bullet

Post by u2020bullet »

Also a LAN option, i only play with the wife, but with no LAN option and their servers constantly dying, we can't do that when our computers are literally right next to each other.
vbdevpro

Post by vbdevpro »

I agree with this post 100%. If you are going to make people buy the game twice if they want to host their own private dedicated server, you should at least give them a way to connect when your server browser doesn't work or is overloaded.
DutchTed

Post by DutchTed »

YES PLEASE. +1 for LAN and/or direct connect options. Saves us hassle and saves you money on hardware to provide the network for MP games. Win/win, right?
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

+1 for LAN and/or direct connection options.

... also an OS X version of the dedicated server app would be nice <----

Thanks.
Zuiron90

Post by Zuiron90 »

yes please.
DustyK

Post by DustyK »

Plus 1 for this idea.
ChargerSRT64

Post by ChargerSRT64 »

Why not use udp hole-punching at least? teamviewer and other programs use it to establish direct connections behind even firewalls with no port forwards. also now wondering even the purpose of port forwards if there is no direct connection. interestingly though I get a ping low enough that it doesnt seem enough ping for a third connection to a relay? I have 15ms to leave my isp but my connection is 10-20ms on sevrer
toetje585

Post by toetje585 »

This is still a issue for me as of today it's lame.
slash2x

Post by slash2x »

Oh not just you. It seems to be a massive problem for everyone, but Giant is actively ignoring it. I wish there was a history or a favorites in the menu even. This whole "just see if your server randomly tumbles out of the grab bag of servers we show you" is beyond ridiculous. I have not seen anything this poorly implemented in my entire life. I have 3 people who I play with regularly and ONE of them NEVER has seen the dedicated server outside of the first day he logged into it. I even hopped providers and he still can not find the damn thing. Meanwhile the other 2 can find the server to join after trying over and over for about 10-20 minutes. When they can see it, it takes about 30 seconds to connect. The problem is seeing the server in the massive list of empty servers you randomly get shown.
Kaito23

Post by Kaito23 »

u2020bullet wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:31 pm Also a LAN option, i only play with the wife, but with no LAN option and their servers constantly dying, we can't do that when our computers are literally right next to each other.
made an account just to thumbs up this comment.
Same problem here :(