Multiple servers on same dedicated server (Windows VM)

godgutten

Multiple servers on same dedicated server (Windows VM)

Post by godgutten »

So as the title says. I would like to open a second FS22 server on my dedicated server (Windows VM)I already have a second license of the game from the giants-software site. Do I have to copy the game files into a separate folder and then set up new ports on dedicated.xml?. But then how can I do with the document folder? Is there a way to set up a dedicated folder only to the second server? Hope for your help. Thanks.
godgutten

Re: Multiple servers on same dedicated server (Windows VM)

Post by godgutten »

Anyone that know?
beregor

Post by beregor »

if u use VM u could add another VM wich make u get another document folder
ccwtb02

Post by ccwtb02 »

Hi you have to make one folder for each dedi. copy the gamefiles in a seperate folder for each server. start the game one times with empty data in (rootserverfolder) ..../mygames/Farmingsiulator22.
give the lizenzkey
close the launcher
move files from documentfolder to the new created folder folder
go in the new gamefolder and open the xml for the game and change the line

Code: Select all

<cmdline>FarmingSimulator2022Game.exe -name FarmingSimulator2022</cmdline>
to

<cmdline>FarmingSimulator2022Game.exe -name FarmingSimulator2022 -profile C:\(seperate created folder)</cmdline>

then copy all files from (rootserverfolder) ..../mygames/Farmingsiulator22 to the created documentfolder

example:

to start 2 dedicated server

create folder c:\server1data and c:\server2data, and c:\server1game and c:\server2game

install the game normal

start the game in the originalfolder from maininstallation type in the lizenzkey for server 1 and then klick ok.

after activation copy the gamefiles from c:\Program Files (x86)\Farming Simulator 2022\*.* to c:\server1game\*.*

and move the files in C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022\*.* to c:\server1data\*.*

then go to the folder c:\server1game\ and open the file farmingsimulator2022.xml with editor

change the line

<cmdline>FarmingSimulator2022Game.exe -name FarmingSimulator2022</cmdline>
to

<cmdline>FarmingSimulator2022Game.exe -name FarmingSimulator2022 -profile C:\server1data</cmdline>
save and close and start dedicatedserver.exe from c:\server1game

after that start from begin.

start the game from oroginalfolder
give the lizenz 2 then ok and close the game
kopie the programmfiles in the server2game folder
move all files and folders from C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022\ to the server2data folder
change the xml in server2game to

<cmdline>FarmingSimulator2022Game.exe -name FarmingSimulator2022 -profile C:\(server2data</cmdline>
then you have to setup your ports to be different in the dedicatedserver.xml

start your dedi 1 from c:\server1game\dedi.....exe and the server 2 from c:\server2game\dedi....exe
godgutten

Post by godgutten »

Sorry for so late response. I have tried a bit and I could not get it to work back then. So I ended up with just renting 3 servers. But now I'm done renting servers so I want to try this again. Could you please help me out by explaining it a bit more in detail? Or would you be able to help me via discord? I kinda want to get this working but I'm *censored* so I need to ask for help.
godgutten

Post by godgutten »

Hello so i have for a long time tried to get it to work but I can't get it to work how it should, For some reason they still both want to use C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022

Even tho I changed the XML to what you told me. Any idea why?
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

found this thead have been trying to do the same thing however both servers still try to use the original folders in mydocuments/farmingsimulator22

the profile does not change any ideas how to correct his
cmdline>FarmingSimulator2022Game.exe -name FarmingSimulator2022 -profile C:\server2data</cmdline>

does not work