Forestry lag problem (Also single player)

Angvik97

Forestry lag problem (Also single player)

Post by Angvik97 »

Hi! :frown: :frown:

Me and my friends are playing on a server made by one of my friends.
His server is in his own house, and is really powerful.

We have usually very few issues BUT...
Now we wanted to try out forestry where a lot of logs are cut down and gathered at one place at the same time.

This is making really huge lags in terms of rendering I think because everybody starts to lag.

The strange thing is that everybody lay on about 50 fps while lagging, and the internet connection lays on abt 25-30ms.

Some of us has max graphics settings on, while some of us don't.
We have various computer setups with everything from an rtx 2070 with an Ryzen 7 processor, up to a rtx 3090 with the latest Ryzen 9 processor.

So you would think that the more expensive computer is having less problems than the others, but nope....

Also worth mentioning is that I don't really think this is a multiplayer issue, but more of an base game issue, because I also get this problem while doing single player on different maps (Also vanilla maps). Just not as fast as on multiplayer.

Also worth mentioning is that the most powerful pc is the same person that is running the server from his house, and he is also having huge issues.

So I am wondering WHY we are having this issue when Giants Software were so focused on forestry on FS22.

The problem only occurs when there is many cut down trees at the same time. If we gather them and sell them or process them, there isn't that much problems. But again that kind of ruins the gameplay a lot I think.
PCaz_pdc

Re: Forestry lag problem (Also single player)

Post by PCaz_pdc »

Math(s) is math(s)... to put it TLDR

If you cut 2000 logs, plus the trucks, equipment, players, and everything that is local in the area, it will lag (since all those items are in game's immediate RAM).

if you notice when you walk, run, or move in equipment, there is a circle of displayed graphics around you as you move. This circle and the things displayed outside of it, are only displayed at the last status since everything outside of the circle is not immediately loaded in your game's RAM storage. This is why a helper can drive away, and when you start walking you see the field change (what was once crops, now harvested.... what was harvested is now plowed...etc... this circle line will advance as you advance, and the game is calculating it ahead of where you are standing) The game only has so much immediate RAM and math power to calculate so many items... some maps even have max production or crop limits; this is mostly done so that the engine and game can run on consoles, especially is you have CROSSPLAY indicated on your server game.... also the number of items each player has and owns is also calculated at ALL times, so the more equipment in the entire server game/map, the less available for IMMEDIATE RAM to use.