Adding Lime to a fert spreader.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
vertstartail79

Adding Lime to a fert spreader.

Post by vertstartail79 »

Could anyone explain howto add Lime to a fert spreader. Or if anyone has a link to a mod that has lime spreading I could use it. Only having 2 options for lime spreading is sad.
juf.de

Re: Adding Lime to a fert spreader.

Post by juf.de »

Did not test it but creating a mod out of an existing ingame spreader with the help of the GiantsEditor just like in FS17. then Create and adjust the moddesc.xml. Last open the <spreadername>.xml search for

Code: Select all

fillTypes="fertilizer"
and change it it

Code: Select all

fillTypes="fertilizer lime"
, this should do the trick.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
vertstartail79

Post by vertstartail79 »

I was just trying to do that but I can't get the game to see the mod sadly. I was comparing the files to a mod I downloaded and it had the same file types but the game wouldn't see it the one I made with the editor.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

There is already a well working mod in the mod hub: https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... _id=118907
Maybe you got more luck changing that one so you can afterwards compare that one to your own mod and hopefully find the bug.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
vertstartail79

Post by vertstartail79 »

Thank you for pointing that out. I'll take a look. Adding lime to that line of code does work. I was able to get the in game Kuhn to spread lime. Sadly I can't keep it like that because it will block me from multiplayer.
vertstartail79

Post by vertstartail79 »

Got it to work. I now have a Kuhn AXIS 40.2 M-EMC-W that does fert and lime. Also have a PF 1500 that will hold fert or lime. I'm rather happy.