Need help adjusting how AI handles implement

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
theMavric

Need help adjusting how AI handles implement

Post by theMavric »

I apologize if this is the wrong forum.

I am using the JD DB60 planter but I'm having an issue with it. Unlike the DB90 and DB120, which stop on the edge of the field, lower the implement, and continue, the 60 rolls past the edge about 6 meters and then lowers. I really think it has something to do with the AI section of the implement's XML file, as the DB90 and DB120 have values, for example on backNode, that look like "0>0|35" but the 60 looks like "0>6". I've looked everywhere possible trying to find what these values even mean or how to fix this to no avail.

Can someone point me in the right direction as far as adjusting this?

Thank you!
Missouri-born, Tennessee-raised, Texas-lost
Eische

Re: Need help adjusting how AI handles implement

Post by Eische »

theMavric wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:11 am I apologize if this is the wrong forum.

I am using the JD DB60 planter but I'm having an issue with it. Unlike the DB90 and DB120, which stop on the edge of the field, lower the implement, and continue, the 60 rolls past the edge about 6 meters and then lowers. I really think it has something to do with the AI section of the implement's XML file, as the DB90 and DB120 have values, for example on backNode, that look like "0>0|35" but the 60 looks like "0>6". I've looked everywhere possible trying to find what these values even mean or how to fix this to no avail.

Can someone point me in the right direction as far as adjusting this?

Thank you!
The numbers you have mentioned are just the old style naming of the nodes. Nothing to do with positions.
Just think of a tree type structure, where 0 would be your start and 0>6 would be the 6th subcomponent. 0>0|35 is the 35th part of subcomponent 0 (read as first subcomponent, as numbering starts with 0)

You need to check the i3d file in the Giants editor. It looks like the working areas are misplaced in regards to the AI markers.

The actual positions of the working areas and the AI markers can also be obtained opening the i3d file with a proper text editor like notpad++. But that might be hard to read and the x,y,z directions might differ between the planters.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker