Damage to vehicles

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
swiftlx

Damage to vehicles

Post by swiftlx » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:07 pm

Good Afternoon,

I have been playing FS17 for 3years or so, and a couple of things I would really like to see are: AI traffic being a little more intelligent and not acting like a brick wall when hit, and also displaying damage. i.e. having a 30mph head on collision between a car and tractor towing 30ton of grain both just stop dead. It would be cool if the car behaved more like it has been hit, and that the tractor sustained both visible and mechanical damage.

I don't know anything about this sort of thing, but I wanted to suggest it to see if it was possible. and if you roll a vehicle, it then has a dented roof etc. - Also, I have managed to roll tractors and grain trailers before, it is very convenient that the grain stays in a trailer when it's on it's side, but is there a mod which allows the grain to fall out in a much more realistic way? I can't be bothered with all the clearing up, but in the hunt for a more realistic experience it would be great!

Just a thought!

Many thanks! :)

Chris.

s8080t

Re: Damage to vehicles

Post by s8080t » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:59 pm

These would be massive changes to a lot of components of the game.
I don't think anyone is going to implement (parts of) this as a gameplay mod...
Languages: DE/EN
Plattform: PC
Meine Mods
Grünlandsuchti
IT-Spezialexperte
OpenSource-Verfechter

HatsuneKid

Post by HatsuneKid » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:40 pm

In Spintires®,this is already possible!!
I really want that when vehicle overturns, the grain it carries will spill on the ground.

s8080t

Post by s8080t » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:01 pm

Well, yeah, no. :hi:
Languages: DE/EN
Plattform: PC
Meine Mods
Grünlandsuchti
IT-Spezialexperte
OpenSource-Verfechter

Eische

Post by Eische » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:16 am

Damaged vehicles:
To realize this, modders/vehicle creators will need to provide versions of damaged/deformed vehicle parts. If there is damage calculation algorithm implemented, those parts would made visible and undamaged parts would be hidden.
I don't think that anyone would be willing to implement this as it is a lot of extra work without giving much benefit to the game experience.

Grain spilling:
that could be implemented as a mod relatively easy. But why? This is a feature most players will tryout once and then deactivate it.
The way it is right now, is the best compromise. If you can but the vehicle back on it's wheels for example using a wheel loader, trailer stays filled. If you need to reset the vehicle, trailer is empty ?
Don't know exactly. Never was in that situation.
Maybe you need to adjust your driving?

Why does the AI traffic has collision at all?
Instead of visually damaged vehicle, a collision could just increase the wear value so you have to visit a workshop?
Playing on PC - Win10 - AMD only
How to post log file
How to upload pictures