Help! doors script glitch in multiplayer

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
JMS24

Help! doors script glitch in multiplayer

Post by JMS24 »

hello good everyone, I'm having a somewhat strange problem, in my map the doors work with animatedMapObjects.xml and animatedMapObjects.lua in a single player game everything is perfect but in a multiplayer game it doesn't, I am the admin of the game yes I can open all the doors but the other invited players can only open one, the case is that the one that they can open is copied and placed in different points of the map but they reach the other places and being the same it doesn't work for them, I don't know where to look anymore the error if there is, I would like to know if you have any idea how to solve the error, thanks in advance
Last edited by JMS24 on Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ice_boii_1207

Re: doors script glitch in multiplayer

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

That's weird. Is it your map or did it come with fs?
Ice_boii :gamer:
JMS24

Post by JMS24 »

ice_boii_1207 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:54 am That's weird. Is it your map or did it come with fs?
I made the map years ago, I use the animationMapObjects.xml script that was in FS19 but with the addition of .lua from this version of FS22
JMS24

Post by JMS24 »

Here is an image to explain it better, the 2 doors are the same, but in multiplayer the guest player can only open door 1, door 2 won't let him open it, nonsense, I as the game creator can do it

ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Oh. Thats strange. You converted it from fs19 to 22 your saying? Ive always had trouble with doors on my fs19. The character always squeezes through the door. As in he moves veryyyyy slowly and then pops into the other side of the door if its small. Ive never tried to fix it but it might be a collision. But i wonder why only the admin can use the door? It has to be something with the creation i think.
JMS24

Post by JMS24 »

ice_boii_1207 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:27 pm Oh. Thats strange. You converted it from fs19 to 22 your saying? Ive always had trouble with doors on my fs19. The character always squeezes through the door. As in he moves veryyyyy slowly and then pops into the other side of the door if its small. Ive never tried to fix it but it might be a collision. But i wonder why only the admin can use the door? It has to be something with the creation i think.
the script is that of FS19 but in FS22 it works perfectly, in multiplayer the guest player can use door 1 without any problem to open as close but he goes to door 2 which is identical because it is a copy of door 1 and it doesn't work the collision has nothing to do with it
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Oh. Sorry about that man. It bothers me to not why your having this problem. Did you publish the mod to any websites or its personal? If so, I might look at it to see if i can se what you are talking about.
JMS24

Post by JMS24 »

ice_boii_1207 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:33 pm Oh. Sorry about that man. It bothers me to not why your having this problem. Did you publish the mod to any websites or its personal? If so, I might look at it to see if i can se what you are talking about.
It is a private map, I never published it because it is not completely finished
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Oh. What is it like just wondering?
JMS24

Re: Help! doors script glitch in multiplayer

Post by JMS24 »

sorry for insisting, no one else had this problem or knows how to fix it, it's very strange, thanks
ice_boii_1207

Re: Help! doors script glitch in multiplayer

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Your welcome