Octopuss wrote:Judging by my experience with FS15, they don't read 80%+ of official feedback either. So much stuff ignored and left bugged to hell.
Just because we don't respond to every topic doesn't mean that we don't read it.
I actually read quite a lot and I know from some other colleagues that they also read a lot. And if we find some interesting ideas, we definitely discuss them in the team.
Regarding your feedback: you wrote a bit about what you don't like, but I still don't really know what exactly you want to be improved. The only thing that I got from you was the sorting by newest and oldest. Which is currently already used, it's sorted by newest. If you want by oldest, you could just start browsing at the last page and work your way up to the first page.
For the rest, you were pretty vague. IMHO not really anything we could use to improve the ModHub site.
I guess there's no point trying to discuss the shortcomings of FS15 now, but I do
have a sour taste in my mouth. Anyway, regarding Modhub:
Let me try to be more specific.
1) Add REAL sorting methods. Telling people to go from the last page is ridiculous. A simple drop down sorting menu button can't be that difficult to implement. Besides, oldest/newest is not enough anyway. There should be sorting by the amount of downloads, rating, and so on. Otherwise the site becomes a mess where you can't find anything. Actually that leads me to:
2) Add SEARCH! Really, I don't understand why this doesn't exist since the beginning. Absolutely essential feature.3)
3) Let us hide those "featured mod" and "user favourite" links. These occupy way too much screen space and what you come to the hub for is basically hidden on another page.
Likewise, that HUGE picture (presumably again related to a featured mod, currently Coldboroug farm) is taking too much space and the mod menu is actually sitting at the bottom of the (visible) page. I don't think that's a good idea, and definitely is annoying.
4) Add more mod categories. You could take inspiration from modhoster or FS-UK sites. The current ones are absolutely not enough.
5) Add a way to post comments for mods. Ideally, when a mod is published, a relevant thread could be automatically created in the modding section of the forums.
6) Add changelog section for mods so that the description (when someone actually bothers to write one) is not cluttered.