[FS17] Coldborough Park Farm Map Feedback

wildberry

Re: [FS17] Coldborough Park Farm Map Feedback

Post by wildberry »

last month i was still on a laptop worse than your specs, and running medium custom. i switched off real strobes though. how many lights have you selected, issue seeming to be some light/shadow thing?
MC, aka Master of Cereals
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

There are certain points on the map where the fps will drop. This is due to the amount of objects being rendered. The more objects the harder it is to maintain high fps.

The weaker your CPU and GPU the more you will notice it. Try reducing view distance in your graphic settings.

In particular AMD CPUs and AMD Graphic cards particularly struggle to run Farming Sim.

I run a Intel i7 Quad Core 940 2.93, and a GeForce 960 GTX 4GB.

If I max all graphic settings out on CPF17 I get an FPS between 58-120fps.
chuckGnades

Post by chuckGnades »

So bill question for you. I play on Xbox one. If a mod map has a lot of those objects like wheel barrows and trash cans, that affects the fps right. I have this theory about lossberg in that the reason, or at least part of the reason for crappy fps on that map is the high concentration of these type of objects in and around the main farm yard, along with all the farm equipment. The file size is small, but the map is gittery especially in the main area. Is that something you consider when making a map?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Lossberg uses collsion trees and detail to lots of the buildings. In fs15 fps would go down if there were lots of trees
chuckGnades

Post by chuckGnades »

My bad I meant the law folds map having a lot of objects not loss burg.
Martijn365

Post by Martijn365 »

Thnx Wildberrie and BulletBill. Looks like i will just have to live with it. But like i said i am very happy my pc handles the game so well and it runs pretty smooth with medium graphic settings with textures, terrain and lights on high. I have only 1 shadow light and i just turned on 2 mirrors and so far it seems to be handling quite good still. With the exception of certain spots, but i can live with that. I'll try reducing the view distance too, maybe that will help.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

chuckGnades wrote:So bill question for you. I play on Xbox one. If a mod map has a lot of those objects like wheel barrows and trash cans, that affects the fps right. I have this theory about lossberg in that the reason, or at least part of the reason for crappy fps on that map is the high concentration of these type of objects in and around the main farm yard, along with all the farm equipment. The file size is small, but the map is gittery especially in the main area. Is that something you consider when making a map?

It all depends how the map author has optimized each object.

If they know what they are doing then you can have more objects in total over the whole map, but as long as you have optimized there clip (view) distance then it won't have a massive negative effect on the FPS.

Of course there is a limit to how much you can do this, more objects being rendered equals less FPS performance.

Every map has to made with comprimises.

Another issue could be textures saved off incorrectly. If you don't use the correct format this can lower FPS as well.
eric21 wrote:Lossberg uses collsion trees and detail to lots of the buildings. In fs15 fps would go down if there were lots of trees
Fortunately in Fs17, if you use the latest Fs17 Trees they work far better, meaning you can have many more trees on a map without it having a massive effect on performance.
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

BulletBill83 wrote:
Farmer BeAn wrote:Not sure if anyone has posted this yet. But your little pond on f19 charges you money for water. Wondering if you could change that so it's free??
It is not possible to change this. Instead use your imagination that the pond is owned by a stingy tight farmer who charges you to use the pond.
Since there is no free water source, is it possible to lower the cost of water, at least maybe in easy/normal mode? Or is that something that is not able to be altered? I know water is not terribly expensive, but when having lots of pigs, cows, and sheep, it is an expense that can quickly add up!
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

mdoss wrote:
BulletBill83 wrote:
Farmer BeAn wrote:Not sure if anyone has posted this yet. But your little pond on f19 charges you money for water. Wondering if you could change that so it's free??
It is not possible to change this. Instead use your imagination that the pond is owned by a stingy tight farmer who charges you to use the pond.
Since there is no free water source, is it possible to lower the cost of water, at least maybe in easy/normal mode? Or is that something that is not able to be altered? I know water is not terribly expensive, but when having lots of pigs, cows, and sheep, it is an expense that can quickly add up!
If there is a way I don't know it myself. The water on a map is controlled by a built in script. This is not part of the map but the actual game itself. You would need a custom script to manipulate that.
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

BulletBill83 wrote:If there is a way I don't know it myself. The water on a map is controlled by a built in script. This is not part of the map but the actual game itself. You would need a custom script to manipulate that.
Thank you. Yeah, I remembered another post that mentioned being able to adjust prices of the sales triggers in Giants editor, but I figured this was for crops/wood chips/silage, etc.. Wasn't sure if there was something like that for water/seeds/fertilizer tanks, etc as well.. Thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. :mrgreen:
Cheers!
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Check out "Eustace Pharmer's" sneek preview of "Coldborough Park Farm 17 v2".... Don't forget to subscribe as he will be showing more content from myself throughout this year...

https://youtu.be/739udlN-rqg
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

although i appreciate a preview, over 2 minutes of screenshot and useless moving logos is really not the way to keep an audience entertained. this is meant as constructive feedback to the youtuber. the talking bit could be done while driving over the map itself
Last edited by wildberry on Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hendi26

Post by Hendi26 »

BulletBill83 wrote:Check out "Eustace Pharmer's" sneek preview of "Coldborough Park Farm 17 v2".... Don't forget to subscribe as he will be showing more content from myself throughout this year...

:shock: you need to release this now! :biggrin2: only kidding looking good fella top work cant wait to play it.
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

Hendi26 wrote:
BulletBill83 wrote:Check out

:shock: you need to release this now! :biggrin2:
it really looks awesome, eh! *thumbsup* big thank you to Bill for creating such maps *thumbsup*
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

wildberry wrote:
Hendi26 wrote:
BulletBill83 wrote:Check out

:shock: you need to release this now! :biggrin2:
it really looks awesome, eh! *thumbsup* big thank you to Bill for creating such maps *thumbsup*
Signed sealed and delivered, looks awesome Bill.