[WIP]Material handling pack

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
FunFarmer

Re: [WIP]Material handling pack

Post by FunFarmer »

I really think the far right sketch keeps with the futuristic look the best. I am really looking forward to getting this when it is available.
Just a guy, playing the game of life, and this game.
"PC" player. Modded to the teeth.
FS15/17, Saitek 3 piece, and a crappy lappy.

:hi: :gamer:
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

lechatnoircynique wrote:
BigC92 wrote:maybe cancel out for possible tipping forward???
Need to help me here as I'm lost in translation :zunge:, what do you mean?
Questionnaire wrote:Just a question I was looking through other threads and I thought what if the flatbed Truck was a tow truck or you had an option to turn it into one? Future update maybe so we don't have to get a semi trailer?
It was an idea at first but as it stands it's too tall from the ground and I'd have to make the deck from scratch anyway, if it happens I'd like to make something like this https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/john-de ... 039968.jpg
With them 2 extra arms that arch over the cab or beside the cab, maybe it'll make the forklift have a less chance of falling forward.
lechatnoircynique

Post by lechatnoircynique »

manosaurus wrote:But if I can add my 2 cents.
You and everyone here can, that's why I posted, no worries.
manosaurus wrote:Also if you can find a way to incorporate the weight attachments to the rear for counter weight thatd be awesome.
BigC92 wrote:With them 2 extra arms that arch over the cab or beside the cab, maybe it'll make the forklift have a less chance of falling forward.
Don't worry about that, the wheelbase is a tiny bit longer than the real vehicle I'm taking the measurements off and there's also a james bond trick for the weight :mrgreen:.
FunFarmer wrote:I really think the far right sketch keeps with the futuristic look the best. I am really looking forward to getting this when it is available.
I like it more but it's so low that it's almost useless, I don't think it would be able to load to fert tanks on top of each other on the truck.I'll see what's the general opinion is.
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

Q be proud lechatnoircynique Q be proud.
FunFarmer

Post by FunFarmer »

FunFarmer wrote:I really think the far right sketch keeps with the futuristic look the best. I am really looking forward to getting this when it is available.
I like it more but it's so low that it's almost useless, I don't think it would be able to load to fert tanks on top of each other on the truck.I'll see what's the general opinion is.[/quote]

I was wondering about that. Could you give it that double telescope effect that some smaller lifts have that when they get to the top end of the usual lift then they engage a second set of telescopic reach? I don't know how to explain it correctly but a few of the lifts I ran IRL had this effect. I think it was the standing electric lifts that had it. My memory is a bit fuzzy on the details.

manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

Do I get extra votes if I have multiple personalities? Cause myself and the 11 other voices say the far left. 1 voice says far right.... but he's a little special. He was dropped as a child.
Aj1053

Post by Aj1053 »

I like the one on the left the best
Keldin

Post by Keldin »

Am I the only one that thinks that the forklift (while looking awesome) doesn't really fit the with the other parts of the pack?
Platform=PC
lechatnoircynique

No, you're not the only one, I probably made the wrong choice at the beginning choosing the standard trucks as base, let me upload as is so I can start working on my own truck, if you go back a few pages you can see a sketch of it.
FunFarmer

Post by FunFarmer »

lechatnoircynique wrote:No, you're not the only one, I probably made the wrong choice at the beginning choosing the standard trucks as base, let me upload as is so I can start working on my own truck, if you go back a few pages you can see a sketch of it.
Are you sending this to the in-game modhub? I really want this set.

lechatnoircynique

FunFarmer wrote:Are you sending this to the in-game modhub? I really want this set.
Yes, that's the idea and I'd like it to be available on consoles too that's why it's taking a bit more than expected as I need to optimize the models.
About your other post on the extending section thing the problem with the piston idea is that the one you see in the pic is the highest point, I can't add too many sections or it would become too thin at the top. See this for reference http://www.dragoribaltabili.com/uploads ... 5gradi.jpg
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Just in case you didn't already chose a design for the forklift i'd like to ad my 2 cents aswell: if i read the sketch the right way, you try to turn the cabin with the angle of the lifting arm so i guess it would look perfect if you somehow connect the cabin with the liftarm, from the sketch you made it looks like you want to seperate them from each other.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
FunFarmer

Post by FunFarmer »

lechatnoircynique wrote:
FunFarmer wrote:Are you sending this to the in-game modhub? I really want this set.
Yes, that's the idea and I'd like it to be available on consoles too that's why it's taking a bit more than expected as I need to optimize the models.
About your other post on the extending section thing the problem with the piston idea is that the one you see in the pic is the highest point, I can't add too many sections or it would become too thin at the top. See this for reference http://www.dragoribaltabili.com/uploads ... 5gradi.jpg
I get what you mean. I was just throwing out ideas. I am really looking forward to this release. Can you post an image of the completed set when you upload this so we can start planning for it?

lechatnoircynique

juf.de wrote:Just in case you didn't already chose a design for the forklift i'd like to ad my 2 cents aswell: if i read the sketch the right way, you try to turn the cabin with the angle of the lifting arm so i guess it would look perfect if you somehow connect the cabin with the liftarm, from the sketch you made it looks like you want to seperate them from each other.
They are separated, look at the sculpt picture (the rainbow painted one) the cab is not connected to the arm and there's a space between the wheels, it just rotates to allow you to look at the fork tips when you're in first person view, when you have the cab at the lowest point it goes between the two columns.
FunFarmer wrote:Can you post an image of the completed set when you upload this so we can start planning for it?
Yeah sure, I'm keeping you updated as much as I can.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Thanks for the answer, yes i saw that sketch of yours. It was just an idea of mine ;-)
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC