[WIP]Material handling pack

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
manosaurus

Re: [WIP]Material handling pack

Post by manosaurus »

So did this update total out your mod? Or did it survive?
Bradleyson

Post by Bradleyson »

manosaurus wrote:So did this update total out your mod? Or did it survive?
I hope it hasn't
Xbox one: bradleyson666
Any questions, ask away.
be polite and respectful.
lechatnoircynique

Post by lechatnoircynique »

manosaurus wrote:So did this update total out your mod? Or did it survive?
As the younger say LOL I DUNNO, I still haven't downloaded the 1.2 gigawatts of files but by looking at the changelog it shouldn't have affected anything in this pack, maybe the Juno is going bananas though as they have fixed the conveyor belts.
Now back to reading the one thousand threads about the patch
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

lechatnoircynique wrote:THIS^^^^^
:lol: :lol:
PS4
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

lechatnoircynique, what is your rough guess of how many hours have gone into this project so far? I think most players are unaware of the time required to make a mod.
lechatnoircynique

Post by lechatnoircynique »

I was tempted to make a thread about this using my final thesis as reference (it was a complete vehicle, from design to surface model to renders to ortho drawings and functionality and blablabla clocked at 1540hr) as I'm not keeping count of the hours on this model just to filter out all the mod request that we get on this board.
Give or take when it comes to just the forklift - made from scratch and all that jazz - it's something like this:
-12h design stage+collecting references+rough modeling
-20h+ first high resolution model
-12h conversion to surface model+cleanup
-6h low poly model
-7h+ map baking+texturing
Keep in mind I don't have the fastest pc in the world so anytime there's a lot of number crunching I have to watch the paint dry and that these are really rough figures, I'm not keeping count of all the times I have to start over an entire part because the edge flow is not right or the reflections are too wavy on that particular surface.
Ingaming can't really say as I have to go by "nose" so to say so it may be right the first time or crash to desktop repeatedly while I find the solution plus you have to check the texturing inside the game world. Now if it was something from real life it would have been much more depending on how easily you can find the reference material, the Juno was easy because everything could be sourced from the official site and the shape was simple, I think I finished that in a couple of weeks of spare time while when I had to build a lotus f1 from pictures for an exam it took me a bunch of months. On one hand making stuff that doesn't exist is actually easier as you don't have to add as many details on the other it really helps having the right idea from the beginning or you end up scratching your head trying to find a solution.
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

Now see here is an example of a modder who says do you know how much time it takes to build this? ..... no? Well you do now. And then breaks it down. Definition of "much time" is varied among people. Some think of 1 hour some think of a day. I started a drafting project the 1st day of class my senior year in HS. I finished it 2 days prior to graduation. Point is if more modders would break down their time consumption instead of just assuming people all think the same I think there would be more peace between modders and requesters. Possibly better donations too. Since more people will understand the effort better.
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

lechatnoircynique wrote: .
Do you have a donation page or PayPal account where you can receive donations?

Maybe we can show you our appreciation of your time and effort in this project.
:hi:

Feel free to share here or PM me...
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

lechatnoircynique wrote:I was tempted to make a thread about this using my final thesis as reference (it was a complete vehicle, from design to surface model to renders to ortho drawings and functionality and blablabla clocked at 1540hr) as I'm not keeping count of the hours on this model just to filter out all the mod request that we get on this board.
Give or take when it comes to just the forklift - made from scratch and all that jazz - it's something like this:
-12h design stage+collecting references+rough modeling
-20h+ first high resolution model
-12h conversion to surface model+cleanup
-6h low poly model
-7h+ map baking+texturing
Keep in mind I don't have the fastest pc in the world so anytime there's a lot of number crunching I have to watch the paint dry and that these are really rough figures, I'm not keeping count of all the times I have to start over an entire part because the edge flow is not right or the reflections are too wavy on that particular surface.
Ingaming can't really say as I have to go by "nose" so to say so it may be right the first time or crash to desktop repeatedly while I find the solution plus you have to check the texturing inside the game world. Now if it was something from real life it would have been much more depending on how easily you can find the reference material, the Juno was easy because everything could be sourced from the official site and the shape was simple, I think I finished that in a couple of weeks of spare time while when I had to build a lotus f1 from pictures for an exam it took me a bunch of months. On one hand making stuff that doesn't exist is actually easier as you don't have to add as many details on the other it really helps having the right idea from the beginning or you end up scratching your head trying to find a solution.
I honestly get what your saying, with any projects, no matter the size or shape, it'll take time, and making sure it looks right and all that.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

lechatnoircynique wrote:I was tempted to make a thread about this
This DEFINITELY should be it's own thread. Please post this in a new thread. Players/mod-users need to know this stuff.

I did not know you made the R2-Juno. I love that little thing. Thank you. :smileynew:

TurboFarmer

Post by TurboFarmer »

mdoss wrote:
lechatnoircynique wrote: .
Do you have a donation page or PayPal account where you can receive donations?

Maybe we can show you our appreciation of your time and effort in this project.
:hi:

Feel free to share here or PM me...
I second that.

I am more than happy to donate $ to someone that is willing to donate their time and skills to increasing our gaming experience! *thumbsup*
PS4 Farmer
JTstractors

Post by JTstractors »

Well lechatnoirnique you have fulfilled a want of mine since I first picked up the fs games....a forklift let alone this BADA$$ one with rotating cab! since the start of pallets in fs15 I have wanted flat beds and to be able to connect in series so this is amazing! love the tank to mount as well. I am excited to see a forklift hi consoles BIG THANKS AGAIN TO LECHATNOIRNIQUE!!!
Chainsawcrazy

Post by Chainsawcrazy »

I'm very curious to see if your awesome pack makes it to consoles. You have taken the twinstar and the man and converted them to flatbed trucks. Just curious how this pack will make console when the twinstar iTrunner barrelcore iTrunner did not make it nor did the tandem axle twinstar and the twinstar with the cowpusher and beacons on it make it to console. Please tell me I'm full of **** and your pack will make it to console. Has anyone else noticed the same thing or am I loosing my marbles
Aj1053

Post by Aj1053 »

I have noticed this to no idea why they didn't come to console but it does make nervous that this.eont get approved for console but i hope I'm wrong this is an amazing.mod pack and will benefit us console players greatly
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Aj1053, yeah I hope it will make it over for you console users as well.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt