Lawfolds and Aberdeenshire map is awesome!

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
aklein

Re: Lawfolds and Aberdeenshire map is awesome!

Post by aklein »

Update is out. lets see if this helps with the freezing. Erict43, I use table manners on this map and others. Not had a freezing issue on other maps with it but its hard to tell. the update log implys there where updates to the nav mesh for both the cows and the sheep. its possible any mod that deals with the animals and if the nav mesh's where not quite right it somehow crashed the game. Although I am hoping it was the nav mesh's in general and that given how large the cow and sheep area is for the animals to move around that we went sometimes long periods of time with no crashing because it just took sometimes a long time for a cow or sheep to randomly wander into a spot that was messed up and crash the game.

I have played for 8+ hours before with no crash and other times I have had multiple freezes in the period of 10 minutes.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

I'm pretty sure it was the sheep that crashed it for me. Never had a crash until I bought sheep and as you said aklein, it sometimes took awhile for a sheep to wander over and crash it. Hope it's fixed as it's my fav map.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

Well now you mention the sheep.....I am now wondering if that was my issues as well as I had the cows for a while before the sheep. And thinking about it now they did start to happen after the sheep arrived.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Almost forgot. Thanks for the update Stussy. Much appreciated and keep up the great work.
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
erict43

Post by erict43 »

aklein wrote:Update is out. lets see if this helps with the freezing. Erict43, I use table manners on this map and others. Not had a freezing issue on other maps with it but its hard to tell. the update log implys there where updates to the nav mesh for both the cows and the sheep. its possible any mod that deals with the animals and if the nav mesh's where not quite right it somehow crashed the game. Although I am hoping it was the nav mesh's in general and that given how large the cow and sheep area is for the animals to move around that we went sometimes long periods of time with no crashing because it just took sometimes a long time for a cow or sheep to randomly wander into a spot that was messed up and crash the game.

I have played for 8+ hours before with no crash and other times I have had multiple freezes in the period of 10 minutes.
It would make sense if it was the sheep, since that is the only area where the animals can enter the fill trigger area that is affected by the Table Manners mod. After disabling, I played another couple of hours last night with no problems. I will retry the mod with the update and see if the problem comes back.
aklein

Post by aklein »

wouldn't explain the issues on console though as that mod is PC/Mac only. although for me the issues where so seemingly random. i know i had issues when working the big grass field but then again to mow and round bale and wrap that field it takes so long that it could just feel like issues occur more there because of how long it takes to all that. I have had sheep from near day 1 after I collected all the gold so I have never played with out sheep to know if no sheep means no issues. I plan on hoping the issues are gone until they resurface.
OnlyMe

Post by OnlyMe »

Goose66 wrote:I'm pretty sure it was the sheep that crashed it for me. Never had a crash until I bought sheep and as you said aklein, it sometimes took awhile for a sheep to wander over and crash it. Hope it's fixed as it's my fav map.
Hmmm, now that you mention it... my first hang indeed occured just after I got my first sheep. Hadn't thought of that.
I'll see what the update does. If it still hangs after update, I'll get rid of the sheep and see if that fixes it.
Playing on PS4
gentfarmer

Post by gentfarmer »

Many thanks for the update Stussy.

I have played a number of sessions, some as long as 4 hours, doing various tasks using GPS mod, Courseplay and using helpers and not had a single hang and TBH I don't expect one.
Like others I had removed my sheep and didn't have any hangs which suggested the sheep were the cause of hanging. Straight after updating the map I put my sheep back in and played without a hang.
PC user
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

Again, Another happy customer thanks Stussy. Seems to be all fixed and I am playing on my saved game which was causing all the freezing and since the update all is well. Thank you.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Yep same here Zeteor. Working like a dream since update.
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
OnlyMe

Post by OnlyMe »

I also didn't have any troubles yesterday after the update, but I only played about 90 mins.

Thanks for this wonderful map, Stussy. It will need a fantastic map to drag me away from Lawfolds. And as Rattlesnake isn't coming to consoles, I don't see any other compeititors in the near future.
I especially love the posibility to store potatoes, sugar beets and woodchips in a normal silo, even if it's not my own silo. It sure beats having to store them in piles with the tip anywhere function.

I know the realistic players won't like it, but for players like me (who play the game a bit more arcade style) it's heaven sent! :)
Playing on PS4
sootyfarmer

Lawfolds query

Post by sootyfarmer »

Hi Stussy
Did the update and started a new map. Now hired workers only do one lane at a time and finish or don't turn at the end of the fields crash into fences or buildings and get stuck. Loved playing the map, my no 1 ever, but these issues are frustrating. Any help - thanks
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Used workers for the first time today on the map. Have also updated to 1.4. Harvested, cultivated and sowed for me. However I did make make sure they were on pretty square fields....26 and 31
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
IowaFarmer34

Post by IowaFarmer34 »

My workers will also only do one pass after the update, tried several fields and made no difference.
IowaFarmer34

Post by IowaFarmer34 »

Follow-up... this appears to be an issue with update 1.4 from Giants. If you don't put turn rows on the end of the field the hired help work fine, but if you add turn rows hired help will think they are complete after one pass. I tested this on another map and confirmed that it is not an issue with Lawfolds.