Lawfolds and Aberdeenshire map is awesome!

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Stussy

Re: Lawfolds and Aberdeenshire map is awesome!

Post by Stussy »

Guil wrote:Stussy, I play on PS4 and sometimes get a green plane in the distance on tarmac roads. This happens going from the shed with the combine up to the next corner and then from there to the gate on the left through the fields to the shop. Any idea what could be causing it?
If it is the road far off in the distance this is caused by clipping distance, the texture won't load until you are within a certain range, this is done to ensure the map loads and maintains a higher FPS rate. If you have everything at max clip distance the map would lag really badly. If what you are referring too is green clipping in the fields, this could have been a giants issue, but thought that was fixed.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Thanks for the reply, no it's just the roads and only really those 2 places I have seen it happen. Thanks for clarifying and the map is great.
unexpectedgreg

Post by unexpectedgreg »

Hey Stussy,

Just wanted to say your map is really awesome! I do have one other thing though. Not sure if you could get Giants to help or not but on my server I get these error messages in the issues window. Image. I know they probably don't really matter but it would be nice to see an issue free log :)

Cheers!!! :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

UnexpectedGreg
Stussy

Post by Stussy »

I did query this from Giants previously, this is their response.
Those are just dedi warning, saying the files are unneeded, but they actually are for consoles, we’ll at some point remove that warning from the dedi server software. It is not the cause of any issues, the files are ignored automatically on PC.
I did not put in the at9 or xma files into the map when I posted on ModHub, these were added by Giants themselves. The files size being too large, I don't know anything about sound files, but from what I am aware they do not cause an issue.
Fastfiveo2

Post by Fastfiveo2 »

I have a question about this map. Loving it the more I play it. What is the trigger outside the shed next to the sheep pen.
Catch me on PS4 AND PC
PSN fastfiveo2 *thumbsup*
aklein

Post by aklein »

Which shed? The shed with all the tools and such has the wool trigger outside it for the pallets to spawn. The shed past the gate where it has straw in it is where you purchase your sheep or unload your trailer.
Fastfiveo2

Post by Fastfiveo2 »

It was the wool one I figured it out. I feel completely stupid now lol.
Catch me on PS4 AND PC
PSN fastfiveo2 *thumbsup*
TorIvarS

Post by TorIvarS »

I am having problems with AI helpers on the fields which are "colored" in the map. They will not start job and stops with green finished task-message.
Does not happen to fields with "normal" color.

Only happens with seeder/cultivator. Harvester works as normal.

Playing on PS4.

Other than that awesome map!
erict43

Post by erict43 »

TorIvarS wrote:I am having problems with AI helpers on the fields which are "colored" in the map. They will not start job and stops with green finished task-message.
Does not happen to fields with "normal" color.

Only happens with seeder/cultivator. Harvester works as normal.

Playing on PS4.

Other than that awesome map!
If this is a new game and this is the first time working these fields, you might want to try plowing first. I've had problems like this before on some mod maps, after plowing everything goes back to normal.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Cultivating them the first time worked for me if you don't wanna plow.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Stussy I have to tell you man: your map is absolutely mother-censored awesome! *thumbsup*

I spent 400+ hours on GCV and thought I'd try another map. I downloaded all the maps available for PS4, went through all of them and your seemed the best. Spent a couple of hours on it and it truly is perfect! I love the placement of animals as well as BGA. First long-term goal for me will be to buy fields 4-7, merge them and start a corn-chaff-silage operation there.
I also love and hate at once all the fences and gates. I hate them, because they're always in the way, but I also love them, because they make me play differently than I did on GCV. Also the starting equipment is great, it's pretty much everything one needs to get started. I also like the slightly higher prices, because on this map I'm gonna need a lot of big equipment. I also think (I don't know if it's true), that you've fiddled with the price drop, didn't you? I think the prices don't drop too much after selling. And all the gold nuggets in one place? What a great way to receive a subsidy from EU funds. :-D

A question for all PS4 Lawfolds players: are sheep really 100 % fixed? No more crashing due to sheep?
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Yep,sheep are all fixed. Haven't had a freeze since the update.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Goose66 wrote:Yep,sheep are all fixed. Haven't had a freeze since the update.
Thanks. Nice, I'm gonna get some today. ;-)
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
Guil

Post by Guil »

I think something like a Juno is the best thing to keep the sheep clean. It's a little awkward with a telehandler, well the liebherr in particular.
Guil

Post by Guil »

I bought fields 5,6 and 7 and was planing on one of the middle ones, 23 had sunflowers in the second last growth stage and a great demand appeared for sunflowers. Guess which field I bought :biggrin2: