Lawfolds and Aberdeenshire map is awesome!

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
erict43

Re: Lawfolds and Aberdeenshire map is awesome!

Post by erict43 »

I brought this up before, but didn't get a response. Some of the roads on the map will not let me go faster than 20mph. For example, driving from the shop to the sheep area with my Fendt 939 and empty Laumetris trailer, most of the way I can only go 20mph. Once I get closer to the farm, I am able to accelerate to full speed. I've noticed this speed limitation in many areas of the map. What gives?
Beasto420

Post by Beasto420 »

I haven't noticed this yet on the map , mind you I haven't been on all roads. But that's not good.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

It might be that some roads are speed restricted?
Beasto420

Post by Beasto420 »

I'm not to sure , have you noticed any hills on the roads cause I find hills in this game really make all the tractors work.
Saxutopia

Post by Saxutopia »

I love this British landscape, the narrow lanes , the shape of the fields etc, when I first got 2017 I let my Xbox 360 go and really missed broadhome which was the closest I could see to English countryside. So far the only things that break the feel of the game are the names of the landowners are not traditional English names or Scottish either. Neither nationalities pass by saying howdy pardner! And great to see left hand driving! But too many Lh drive cars! I understand that a lot of these are built in sub routines and as such are adopted from the original. That said a brilliant addition to the gameplay well done the creators of these British maps. Loving them, oh and British road signs are excellent! I'm not sure that welsh water covers Herefordshire though?
Saxutopia

Post by Saxutopia »

Also does anyone know where to fill up a water tanker, I'm driving around looking for it, I s there a way to see it on the map? TIA it's the Aberdeen map btw
Guil

Post by Guil »

There's some on each farm I think, on your main farm its just beside where you tip grains to store in the silo. It's a red hydrant.
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

Yes grey hydrants quite easy to miss against the walls, If you have the house at the main farm to your left and the grain tipping point barn to the right you will see the hydrant against the wall in front of you.

Cow yard farm its on the corner by the Diesel tank and opposite the silage clamp.

Sheep farm, It's on the end of the barn opposite the spawn point for the wool just by the double gates.

Hope that helps.
Stussy

Post by Stussy »

erict43 wrote:I brought this up before, but didn't get a response. Some of the roads on the map will not let me go faster than 20mph. For example, driving from the shop to the sheep area with my Fendt 939 and empty Laumetris trailer, most of the way I can only go 20mph. Once I get closer to the farm, I am able to accelerate to full speed. I've noticed this speed limitation in many areas of the map. What gives?
This isn't a map issue, generally that is a controller issue or mod conflict.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Stussy, I play on PS4 and sometimes get a green plane in the distance on tarmac roads. This happens going from the shed with the combine up to the next corner and then from there to the gate on the left through the fields to the shop. Any idea what could be causing it?
aklein

Post by aklein »

Once I hit the roads its petal to the floor. I have no problems going much faster than I could ever control a full load down the road on the map.

So far no more crashing for me so I think we got those issues resolved. Im just a few fields away from owning all the fields south of the stone wall just north of the main farm.
Beasto420

Post by Beasto420 »

Yeah I get that green plain as well but doesn't really bother me a whole lot
deddycantshoot

Post by deddycantshoot »

Map is great now,thanks for all the hard work.
aklein

Post by aklein »

never saw the green myself as you describe but then again I rarely go that way. I find my preferred route from the main farm is out the back. If you go to where the broken down harvester is and take the dirt road up to one of the fields you own. run up along side that field to the other dirt road. hang a left it dumps you out on one of the roads coming from the cow farm. I use that path to get to the BGA, saw mill, and store points.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Yes I go that way too going to highland grains but going to the shop or Aberdeen grains it's up the tarmac.