Lawfolds and Aberdeenshire map is awesome!

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
masterplan

Re: Lawfolds and Aberdeenshire map is awesome!

Post by masterplan »

I might consider the Juno for sheep and cows. Haven't thought of it yet. When my farm gets really big, I'll have a dedicated telehandler / wheel-loader at each post, but till then Lely Juno might do the trick. ;-)
The problem with harvest on newly-bought field is that the field is neither plowed, not fertilized, so it's just a half of a harvest.

Stussy I forgot to ask: do you have a table with fields sizes? Not that it's absolutely necessary to know each fields size, but it comes handy from time to time. ;-)
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
OnlyMe

Post by OnlyMe »

masterplan wrote:Stussy I forgot to ask: do you have a table with fields sizes? Not that it's absolutely necessary to know each fields size, but it comes handy from time to time. ;-)
I'd also like that. Would come in handy :smileynew:
Playing on PS4
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

masterplan wrote:Stussy I have to tell you man: your map is absolutely mother-censored awesome! *thumbsup*

I spent 400+ hours on GCV and thought I'd try another map. I downloaded all the maps available for PS4, went through all of them and your seemed the best. Spent a couple of hours on it and it truly is perfect! I love the placement of animals as well as BGA. First long-term goal for me will be to buy fields 4-7, merge them and start a corn-chaff-silage operation there.
I also love and hate at once all the fences and gates. I hate them, because they're always in the way, but I also love them, because they make me play differently than I did on GCV. Also the starting equipment is great, it's pretty much everything one needs to get started.
What he said. This is my favorite map at the moment by far. I like everything about it, bigger fields, somewhat square fields (makes my hired help actually useful), interesting layout, Even the small roads. I like it cause it makes you find a less common road back to the farmyard if what you are pulling is too big or long for some entrances. Which even where I am from we have to do that. Awesome map
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
OnlyMe

Post by OnlyMe »

masterplan wrote:do you have a table with fields sizes? Not that it's absolutely necessary to know each fields size, but it comes handy from time to time. ;-)
Right now, I can give you a list with sizes of all the fields not owned at the start. I'll fill in the fields already owned at a later date.

Field 1: 6,38 ha
Field 2: 10,29 ha
Field 3: 6,83 ha
Field 4: 4,70 ha
Field 5: 8,43 ha
Field 6: 13,69 ha
Field 7: 12,23 ha
Field 8: 4,10 ha
Field 9: 4,69 ha
Field 10: 9,76 ha
Field 11: 10,18 ha
Field 12: 11,33 ha
Field 13: 9,25 ha
Field 14: 9,20 ha
Field 15: 3,88 ha
Field 16: 6,92 ha
Field 17: 6,38 ha
Field 18: 5,01 ha
Field 19: 4,38 ha
Field 20: 7,43 ha
Field 21: 4,55 ha
Field 22: 2,82 ha
Field 23: 15,03 ha
Field 24: 19,79 ha
Field 25: 12,75 ha
Field 35: 10,78 ha
Field 36: 8,63 ha
Field 37: 4,83 ha
Field 38: 4,17 ha

The missing ones I can get by working them one by one. It'll take a while, but I'll post them as soon as I have them.
Playing on PS4
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

OnlyMe wrote: ...
Right now, I can give you a list with sizes of all the fields not owned at the start. I'll fill in the fields already owned at a later date.
Thank you very much. ;-)
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

What sheds do you use on this map on consoles? I erased the small forest south of the pigs and want to build some sheds there. But somehow the default ingame ones (like vehicle shelter and small / big storage shed) do not seem to fit there...
aklein

Post by aklein »

I'm using the standard farm buildings that come with the map. I haven't added any storage kind of buildings to the map. I cleared the same patch of trees south of the pig farm but I put beets in it.
OnlyMe

Post by OnlyMe »

Has anyone out there tried the Big Bud equipment on Lawfolds? Not talking about the big bud tractors themsevles, but I'm interested in using the biggest seeders/cultivators on Lawfold. I'm wondering if it's at all pratical to move that large equipment around on this map. Has anyone tried them out on this map already? How did it go?
Playing on PS4
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Currently using the Great Plains 2425A and have no problems getting it around. Same goes for the Bednar Swifter. Did have the Terminator set up and you can get it around but only a piece at a time through the gates. Bit of a pain but possible. Forget the Seed Hawk. Too wide for the roads with traffic on and for the gates.
Def go for the Great Plains and Bednar.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
eric21

Post by eric21 »

And the 450?
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

I don't use the Big Bud tractors for this map. I use the 646hp Challenger
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
OnlyMe

Post by OnlyMe »

I'm planning to use the 696 bhp Case IH. I was just wondering if the big seeder an cultivator that come with the Big Bud pack will fit on the narrow roads on Lawfolds. I guess I'll find out soon :)
Playing on PS4
aklein

Post by aklein »

Absolutly not gonna fit. that seedhawk wont make it. maybe the smaller seeder of the big bud pack but it will be tight itself.
Nech

Post by Nech »

Hi all. Just wondering as I haven't found it yet but is there a milk point and sell point on this map? I installed the Slow Bee mod and need to get the milk from the cows instead of it being sold at midnight.
Cheers..........Nech
aklein

Post by aklein »

Nech, there isnt but there is a mod in the modhub to install your own milk fill point and sell point. Milk will still autosell at midnight if you have not taken it out by then but it does allow you to take out milk for other purposes and then sell milk if you wish or have it autosell.