Lawfolds and Aberdeenshire map is awesome!

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Deereslayer

Lawfolds and Aberdeenshire map is awesome!

Post by Deereslayer »

Downloaded the map and it is the best in the game so far hands down. Play on Xbox 1 and field size is awesome and good for large equipment. Being from Midwest USA it has a great feel of an American map even though it's from Scottland. Have about 12 hours on it already. I like the cow setup also. Actually has things in a realistic place. Also has 3 or 4 sell points and no town taking up farm space.

Only complaint is could maybe use a few more roads and paths could be a bit wider but otherwise wouldn't change a thing.
Jet

Re: Lawfolds and Aberdeenshire map is awesome!

Post by Jet »

Does it have a saw mill where you can sell logs?
.......Jet :hi:

>>>> FS-17 Gaming on the PS4 <<<<
pigpen

Post by pigpen »

Deereslayer wrote:Downloaded the map and it is the best in the game so far hands down. Play on Xbox 1 and field size is awesome and good for large equipment. Being from Midwest USA it has a great feel of an American map even though it's from Scottland. Have about 12 hours on it already. I like the cow setup also. Actually has things in a realistic place. Also has 3 or 4 sell points and no town taking up farm space.

Only complaint is could maybe use a few more roads and paths could be a bit wider but otherwise wouldn't change a thing.
again way too many fences.
Alienware PC.
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

pigpen wrote: again way too many fences.
Download any decent British map and it will have fences and hedges, its the way it is here, if you dont like these type of maps dont download them, pretty simple

Im loving this map, i cant really fault it, i love the tightness of the typical British roads and nice to see some decent sized fields, multiple selling points, animal farms spread out, what more could you ask for
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen:
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

Jet wrote:Does it have a saw mill where you can sell logs?
Yes there is a place where you can wood, but it is not a saw mill.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
pigpen

Post by pigpen »

WolfeUK wrote:
Download any decent British map and it will have fences and hedges, its the way it is here, if you dont like these type of maps dont download them, pretty simple

Im loving this map, i cant really fault it, i love the tightness of the typical British roads and nice to see some decent sized fields, multiple selling points, animal farms spread out, what more could you ask for
most of those fenced in fields have sheep grazing in them. in the game the sheep are located in a small area so there is no reason to have all those fences. at least have drive through fences.
Alienware PC.
chaseydog

Post by chaseydog »

pigpen wrote:
WolfeUK wrote:

most of those fenced in fields have sheep grazing in them. in the game the sheep are located in a small area so there is no reason to have all those fences. at least have drive through fences.
I find drive through fences, hedges, power poles, etc to be imersion breaking, as well as defeating some of the challenge of the game. Sheep or not fences and hedges around the fields is pretty consistent with most of the other British maps so I think the author made the right choice.
rikerdude

Post by rikerdude »

Just download it. I'm on a PS4. Will the workers follow the contours or go in a straight line?
Playing on PS4
dazdaman2014

Post by dazdaman2014 »

very good map really enjoying it keep up the good work
scoobyd11

Post by scoobyd11 »

rikerdude wrote:Just download it. I'm on a PS4. Will the workers follow the contours or go in a straight line?
Best thing to do is go round the outside of the field with the harvester yourself twice then set the ai,that gives them a bit more room for manouvering and they do a pretty job but you may have to tidy up after them.
They only go in a straight line to answer your question :wink3:
Jet

Post by Jet »

jenna_q wrote:
Jet wrote:Does it have a saw mill where you can sell logs?
Yes there is a place where you can wood, but it is not a saw mill.
OK, thanks! Will try this map soon.
.......Jet :hi:

>>>> FS-17 Gaming on the PS4 <<<<
jenwhr

Post by jenwhr »

If this map didnt have all the fences this would be my favorite map.I love the large fields and the layout is really nice but even some of the roads are just too narrow.I wish they would give us a tool to delete fences and bushes.Other than that the map is the best so far.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

jenwhr wrote:If this map didnt have all the fences this would be my favorite map.I love the large fields and the layout is really nice but even some of the roads are just too narrow.I wish they would give us a tool to delete fences and bushes.Other than that the map is the best so far.
Because its based in Scotland, England or UK or whatever. Its like that small roads and tight corners. If you dont like, dont play it
jenwhr

Post by jenwhr »

I hate leaving feedback when we just get put down by other people.whats up with that Im not playing the map and we heard a million times thats how is in europe we get it.you shouldnt get mad over other peoples opinions these are just opinions relax.
Farmerlord

Post by Farmerlord »

We put the map on a dedicated server, love the layout and field sizes, and in Europe the roads and corners are tight and narrow. It's just the way it is, love the effectiveness and immersion.

But I have encountered a slight glitch, when I tab into the Massey Ferguson Activa harvestor, the game crashes everytime. Is there a problem with the harvester or is it a map thing? If I get out and walk over to it, it seems fine, tabbing between vehicles causes the game to crash, and only when I tab to the harvester. It's happened 4 different times so far.