Snow mod or digging mods

Hairy Bob

Re: Snow mod or digging mods

Post by Hairy Bob »

I have to say, I know many more farmers who own and use some form of construction equipment (digger, dozer, dumper etc.) than I do with any form of forestry equipment beyond a chainsaw.
A backhoe is not an uncommon sight around farmyards in my neck of the woods and IMO the ability/necessity to dig ditches or level ground would be a welcome addition to the game.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
eric21

Post by eric21 »

However those are special kinds of those diggers
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

eric21 wrote:However those are special kinds of those diggers
I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that farmers only use a specific, agricultural version of construction equipment? I know that is the case with telehandlers, but what differences would a 'farm special' excavator have compared to a construction spec machine?
In the dozens of examples that I've driven and worked on, both industries seem to use the same machine, the main exception being the type of magazine stuffed behind the seat!
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Bradleyson

Post by Bradleyson »

I lived on a farm for 17 years in Wales, visited many, many farms and only ever saw a jcb with a backhoe/front scoop but I think the op was asking for more along the lines of a tracked dozer. (Tremors style) :lol:
Also I think the 'language barrier' has a lot to play on it, us uk folk just refer to them as a jcb haha when someone says dozer I automatically think, yellow thick set tracked piece of equipment with a big ass front blade...
Xbox one: bradleyson666
Any questions, ask away.
be polite and respectful.